Thread: New version of CGW

Default New version of CGW

How can I get the CGW to run? I get a message that something is missing and it will not load.

There are literally 1001 things that will keep a route from running in MSTS. Without specific info on what the error says, there is nothing I can do for you. Do you have Scalerail installed? Newroads? Xtracks? Scaleroads? Fully 90 percent of people who download a route Don't read the documentation for directions. They just toss it in the routes folder and GO....Did you attempt to run it through Route-Riter?
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

The zip file is named "CGW_2007" but the route folder, after unzipping, needs to be named just "CGW"

What geepster said....my old age is getting to me..I forget..lol

When I try to load it I get a message tat says "An essential file is missing and Open Rails con not continue"

The OpenRailsLog.txt file is missing from your bug report. You must attach it if you expect help with this.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I don't know where to find the "OpenRailsLog.txt. Also when I try to run a GGW passenger train, it says that the loco and passenger cars are missing. When I try to run an explore scenario with a BNSF consist it loads but there are no tracks visible.

Quote Originally Posted by landnrr View Post
    I don't know where to find the "OpenRailsLog.txt. Also when I try to run a GGW passenger train, it says that the loco and passenger cars are missing. When I try to run an explore scenario with a BNSF consist it loads but there are no tracks visible.
    OpenRailsLog.txt is on your desktop. Open Rails will generate it and place it there.

Randy

Read my post above about posting your errors so we know what you're talkin about. Since I did not include a consist or trainset files for the activity, you will have to make a consist with Conbuilder or other consist editor and name it the same as in the activity...as to why you have no tracks showing, did you follow the directions and install scalerail and xtracks??? Also it should be noted in your open rails error log.... ON A SIDENOTE, please do not expect me or Mike to provide any form of major support for the route..it is 13 years old and we both have other endeavors keeping us busy...I had to "unretire" and go back to work and BNSF sees to it I don't have lots of free time these days! End of rant..
    Last edited by frankoburns; 08-03-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landnrr View Post
    From the manual -- which is searchable and considered required reading.
    7.19 OpenRailsLog.txt Log file
    When the Logging option in the main window is checked, a log file named OpenRailsLog.txt file is generated.
    This file contains rich information about the execution of the game session, allowing identification
    of critical problems. This file should always be attached to requests of support in case of problems.
    The contents of the file are often self-explanatory, and therefore can be evaluated by the same contents
    developer. It includes reports of various errors in the MSTS files which are ignored by OR, including
    missing sound files, unrecognized terms in some files, etc. Selecting the Experimental Option Show shape
    warnings allows OR to report errors found in shape files in the log file. It includes also reports about
    malfunctions in the gaming session, such as trains passing red signals, as well as OR malfunctions.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.