Thread: CGWTemplate Install

Default CGWTemplate Install

I did download the file zip of CGWTemplate Install from the site at Skyline Computing. I know it's old and the date was way back to the year of 2007. I decided to see if I can find the downloads here because the other site, The Mophouse/MLTDownloads was closed for good. Anyway I found 4 files to download here and the rest of the files ( 19 ) are unavailable. The four are: bntavan.zip, cgwfrtpk.zip, mpcoal.zip and slsftank.zip. I decided not to install CGWTemplate Install for my program of Microsoft Train Simulator as there are so many missing rolling stock for this to fill in. But I thought that I would share with you about this so you know that you will NOT find any other files ( 19 ) to download from.

Cheers,

John

The "cgwfrtpk" is in the library here. Use activity master from Skyline or Conbuilder to sub other stock in the consists. This was noted in a post I made the other day. You can also make your own activities. There are around 25 old cgw files for rolling stock in the library here...just takes a little searching..
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Thanks to you, Frank for your message and will do a little searching with 25 old CGW files for rolling stock.

John

John you substitute any stock of your choice for all the stock used in the template, consists, and loose consists using a program like Search and Replace...it takes some work and organization, but it's possible, not hard work, but somewhat tedious...give me a PM if you think you'd like more details.

Like Frank said, you can use Activity Master ( or is is Act Generator?) to substitute in rolling stock...I've never done that.
    Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Gerry -- I don't know much about the rolling stock to look for and run on the route of CGW. I have decided not to bother to run this route now and put the route in the back burner.

John

That is unfortunate...this route lends itself well to about any of the Midwest Class 1's of the 50s and 60s..I use it to run Mopac and Rock Island trains.....
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!