Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon.... Like this week... BLW/ZT PRR E7 and E8 Upgrade

Default Soon.... Like this week... BLW/ZT PRR E7 and E8 Upgrade

A few shots of the upcoming upgrade release. Those who already have purchased the PRR Passenger set from BLW/ZT get this as a free upgrade. Those that have not? There will also be upgrades to the PA/PB and passenger equipment coming, and we are still charging 2008 prices for the set and all of the bonuses and upgrades to date.

Seven additional E7 and E8 units added to the set

New E7 model, photographed around and about the PRR-ER v2 route....

Looking good!

Looks AMAZING, Rick! Now I need to go re-dig up my password for that set!

And the E8's....

Looking good! Now if you could only do those in CNW green and yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Looking good! Now if you could only do those in CNW green and yellow...
    Agree, some CNW E’s would be good to see. And SAL.pales greens, ACL purples, and SCL ones too!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Isn't there any in the CNW Metra bonus? The set with the reverse cabs, if not, what powers that?

I went and found the answer....lol

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Rick,

That's an F7 from the BLW_F7_CNW set.
    E units are pretty rare.

Randy

Well the F7's are probably a little more right. The Famous CNW Bi-Levels were the pioneering cars with HEP. E-Units were late to the game. It was some years after the Bi-Level's introduction that the E-Units had the HEP Gen Sets put in them. I know, first hand having had rode the Bi-Level "Flambeau 400" many times. In fact one late October trip, in 1960, they had problems with F7, and they swapped in a E-6 from the "Ashland Limited" or as many know it as the "Northwoods Fisherman". Boy is was quite chilly in those "700" series coaches by the time we backed into Ironwood Mich. at the scheduled time of 9:58pm. The saving grace was they still had a Dining car & Parlor car in those days, and they had heat. It was also quite a stroke of luck, because usually the CNW dropped the Dining & Parlor car past Green Bay right after Labor Day. Refer to the "400 Story" by Jim Scribbins or "Commuter Railways" by Patrick Dorin. Besides you Chicago guys should be clamoring for the famous "Crandall" Cabs. What a sight they were. I remember seeing them for the first time at Milwaukee Union Station bringing in the "City of Milwaukee 400". and laughing.. Stefan

NOW AVAILABLE AT THE VALLEYPASS FORUM

http://www.valleypass.com/forum/view...hp?p=6030#6030

Read me:

BLW/ZT PRR E7/E8 Upgrade:

E7A, E7B and E8A models updated with new 2048x2048 textures and added detail. Models operate both with MSTS and Open Rails. New open rails "include files" from Gerry Storey for all models. I also added new models so that each of the three schemes would be represented by both E7 A-B-A and E8 A-A sets. Cabviews and virtual cabviews have been 'back dated' to the correct era.

While working on these models, I noticed that the original set had incorrect road numbers on three locomotives. I still included these three locomotives as the original consist files used these locomotives and activities had been built with them. However, I added three replacements with accurate numbers for nit pickers like me.

New Models included:

E7 A-B-A set in the 1960's "Keystone" livery (E7A 5844, 5845, E7B 5840)
    E8A 5885 completes A-A set in single stripe scheme ( 5885, 5888 )

Replacement locomotives

E7A 5853 (replacement for E7A 5885 - not an E7A number)
    E7B 5840 (replacement for E7B 5888 - not an E7B number)
    E8A 5837 (replacement for E8A 5802 - not an E8A number)

Also included are two sound schemes (3-bell horn and single bell horn), and three FreightAnims representing different eras:

1950 - single bell horns only
    1955 - single bell horns and ladder rests
    1960 - 3-bell horns, nose grabs and stirrup steps

By changing the sound and Fanim callouts in the eng files, these locomotives can be setup as they would have appeared in those eras.

As delivered in this set:

- E7A/E8A 5-stripe - (1950 fanim - single bell horns only)

- E7A/E8A 1-stripe with large lettering - (1955 fanim - single bell horns and ladder rests)

- E7A/E8A 1-stripe Keystones only - (1960 fanim - 3-bell horns, nose grabs and stirrup steps)

Lastly, the 1945 and 1949 passenger cars have been "re-tinted" to be closer to true Tuscan red.

Thanks to:
    Gerry Storey for Open Rails eng include files
    railfonts.com for some of the fonts used
    Stephane Benoit, Uli Ehlers, David Carleton and Tim Spencer for testing

Rick & Gaetan
    2019 (C) Belanger Locomotive Works/ZosaTrains