Thread: loss of tiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default loss of tiles

I dont know how this happened or why, but I lost about 15 tiles and cannot get them to return. I corrected this same issue many times before, but never this large a group or never up against another larger tile. The same fixes are not working in this case. Does anyone have any sort of idea how this happens or how to get it to return. All previous methods are not working here.

Thanks

CG

CG

I assume your adding scenery items to certain tiles if so, do you ever get the error message saying "Failed to save properly?" Also, is everything in the tiles missing or just parts?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    I assume your adding scenery items to certain tiles if so, do you ever get the error message saying "Failed to save properly?" Also, is everything in the tiles missing or just parts?
    They were completely empty tiles. Except for the three where the concrete place is at. I’ve not had any sort of failure to save. When I noticed it there was one tile involved. Then as I tried the usual fix which always works , the others dropped out
    CG

What does the OpenRailsLog.txt file have say? . . . and
    What editor are you using?

You must have Logging checked in the box on the OR opening screen for an error log to be created.
    The text file will be placed on your desktop screen.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The error log has a ton of stuff on it ....all jammed together. Latest version of TSRE v0.697

pertaining to that particular area

jump: -11197 -14486[I] info -11197 14486 -11197 14486 1 0
    [I] 79475480
    [I] T File
    CG

No log from Open Rails? Oh well . . . The log you provided is NOT an error log! It is the TSRE log and does show a tile address but that is not an error.

Possible you have turned off display of some SUB-TILES.
    When you say 'tiles' are you referring to the sub-tiles? A TILE is a 2 x 2 kilometer square which is divided into the smaller sub-tiles.

If it's the smaller sub-tiles that are gone possibly because you have somehow turned off terrain for those sub-tiles.
    If this is the case there may be a way to fix the problem.
    The real problem is your statement "..........I tried the usual fix ............" is not helpful and have no idea what you are talking about. I have many fixes for tile problems and looked through my notes but there is nothing titled as a "usual fix".
    Please clarify what this 'usual fix' means.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 08-12-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"