Thread: Elvas Tower Forums Offline

Default Elvas Tower Forums Offline

Elvas Tower forums have been offline for me for the past 24 hours. They show the message "This board is currently offline. We are optimizing our Database and we will be back online soon, please check back in some minutes." The strange thing is that I am receiving email notifications for threads I subscribe to, saying that there are new messages. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone know how to contact Elvas Tower "management"?

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    Elvas Tower forums have been offline for me for the past 24 hours. They show the message "This board is currently offline. We are optimizing our Database and we will be back online soon, please check back in some minutes." The strange thing is that I am receiving email notifications for threads I subscribe to, saying that there are new messages. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone know how to contact Elvas Tower "management"?
    I'd say there's nothing to worry about. Ditto for me, same message. It's common for websites to do this, usually during off peak hours of operation when few users access the site. This webpage does something similar I believe.

There was a posting to ET's Facebook page about a day prior about some SQL errors, and a note from the person supporting the site that there was going to be some work on the host infrastructure to resolve it. My best guess (as a sysadmin) is that there are some complexities that might require the database to be taken offline for a while to perform the work. Not everything can always be done while a database is live, and even when it's possible, sometimes its just safer and prudent to take it down. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Elvas Tower issue.... Not a Trainsim dot com issue, so we are in no way related... so its closed.....
    Dave Edwards

From Elvas Admin:

ET Access Issue
    Hello all, I am an ET Admin. We are indeed experiencing some access issues and are working to resolve it Thanks for your concern and we hope to get things fixed asap.

Chris Gerlach
    Admin
    Elvas Tower

Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Dave Edwards