Thread: Copying Objects Between Routes

Default Copying Objects Between Routes

This may be just a pipe dream, but I am wondering if it is possible to copy the content (objects) from a tile in one route & paste that content into the same location on another route. For example. The western terminus in Bob Wirth's Seligman Sub is Needles, California. Needles is also the eastern terminus for Bob's Needles Sub which runs from Needles to Barstow, California. I have spent quite a bit of time & effort upgrading the scenery for Needles in the Seligman Sub & would like to transfer that content, if possible, to the Needles sub so that both locations appear the same. Not to mention a duplication of effort. Don't know if that is even remotely possible. Thoughts anyone? Hawk...

Hi Hawk,

Yes, if you are talking about non-interactive items like tracks, roads, signals, carspawners, etc. It can be done if you are willing to manipulate the world files, especially if you have TsUtils (part of RouteRiter). First backup both routes. From the updated route, make a copy of the world file. Remove the header and all interactive references from the backup file. Now copy all the the entries from the backup file and paste them to the other routes matching world file. Now go into RouteRiter and point it at the route with the pasted world file. Click on the TsUtils tab, then the Manually enter TsUtils commands button. When the next window opens, select your route in the top portion, then option 24 - crvt in the bottom portion. Click the next button. In the portion that says 'Options Specific to this Command,' check the box 'Activate renumbering of UiD in World Files.' Then push the 'Process this Option' button, then push the 'Complete Processing' button. Your new files will be located in the 'newRoute' folder of your route that you are updating. Just copy those files over and you have completed your task. I would suggest that you also check the route with RouteRiter before opening the route. I hope that this is what you are looking for.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Hi Steve: And YES! This is absolutely what I'm looking for. Thank you for the help. The only potential issue I see here is that I have not used RouteRiter in 10+ years, so in add'n to making sure I have a current version, I will need to re-learn how to use it. Once that is done, I'll give the copy/paste approach a shot. Again. thank you. If you don't mind, I may try to PM you once I get into the actual process if I run into trouble. Thanks again...cm

Copy-pasting a tile into a different location with interactives on it screams "Bad idea!" at me. If you do try this, be sure you've backed up your route first. That said, static objects like scenery should be fine (I've done that), and track and road objects should be OK, but you'll have to manually re-add them to the route databases

Yeah, I read my post and meant to say non-interactives, EXCLUDING tracks, roads, signals, carspawners, etc. For some reason I couldn't edit my earlier post.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Thanks for this. Something I'm thinking about as well.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    Hi Hawk,

Yes, if you are talking about non-interactive items like tracks, roads, signals, carspawners, etc. It can be done if you are willing to manipulate the world files, especially if you have TsUtils (part of RouteRiter). First backup both routes. From the updated route, make a copy of the world file. Remove the header and all interactive references from the backup file. Now copy all the the entries from the backup file and paste them to the other routes matching world file. Now go into RouteRiter and point it at the route with the pasted world file. Click on the TsUtils tab, then the Manually enter TsUtils commands button. When the next window opens, select your route in the top portion, then option 24 - crvt in the bottom portion. Click the next button. In the portion that says 'Options Specific to this Command,' check the box 'Activate renumbering of UiD in World Files.' Then push the 'Process this Option' button, then push the 'Complete Processing' button. Your new files will be located in the 'newRoute' folder of your route that you are updating. Just copy those files over and you have completed your task. I would suggest that you also check the route with RouteRiter before opening the route. I hope that this is what you are looking for.
    This is very interesting! Thanks for sharing a feature of TSUtils I was not aware of

This will help speed up route generation on some large routes I am working on