Thread: Missing files

Default Missing files

I get an OR message of missing file when I try to run flfunnel. The missing file is sun.env. Any ideas where I went wrong.

If you have a lot of routes like me, the first step is to search your hard drive and see if the file is in my possession somewhere else (there is a free search program called "Everything" that I really love). If it is, I can copy and paste it into the place generating the error message.

The file in question is an environmental file. Presumably it was part of the route, although it is always possible it got left out by the creator. Are there other files missing? (for example, files that were expected to be copied from a MSTS route with a batch file?) I'm not familiar with this particular route.

You don't have this installed in your program files do you? If so, stop. Copy your train sim files to some location away from the program files. If you've just started it is better to start afresh and re-download (then you won't have to fool with restrictive UAC settings getting transferred over - and if you don't know what that means it is probably easier to just avoid the potential).

Christopher

Thanks Chris,
    You gave me something to work on tomorrow. I will let you know what I find.
    Thanks, Guy

Thanks for your help. I discovered all of the missing files and copied from another route and the route runs now. That Everything program is fabulous. My life would have been easier if I had known about that. I am still missing some texture files so I will double check to see what batch files were executed and if some were not. Thanks again and have a great day.
    Guy

Wow. Everything.
    I could have used this 20 years ago.

Thanks
    Randy