Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Back to Work - IC City of New Orleans

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    west central Illinois
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Not sure it ever operated in it's EA configuration for GMO as the info on RRP archive says it was sent back for conversion when GMO took it over? All the pics in GMO livery show it after conversion but hey I stand to be corrected
    Here you go...

    GMO100A-stlMO-20aug50 by icg_sd20, on Flickr

    GM&O took over Alton in '47, it didn't go in for rebuild until sometime in late '52 or early '53.
    Last edited by MMCdude; 08-22-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    __________________________________
    MMC(SS), USN (Ret.)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wareham, Dorset, U.K.
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMCdude View Post
    Here you go...

    GMO100A-stlMO-20aug50 by icg_sd20, on Flickr

    GM&O took over Alton in '47, it didn't go in for rebuild until sometime in late '52 or early '53.
    I stand corrected and BTW that's a better picture than any on Railroad Picture Archive! So Impressed I spent some time "restoring" it in Photoshop.

    GMO EA_adj.jpg
    click to enlarge
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA.
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Back to the thread.... Head end cars for the 1948 CofNO

    Baggage Express RPO #403

    Baggage Crew Dormitory #1903


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    west central Illinois
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Very nice! Any thoughts on doing a circa 1968 version in the I-ball scheme with one or two of the ex-MP domes?
    __________________________________
    MMC(SS), USN (Ret.)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA.
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Actually, I hadn’t. Maybe as a follow-up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wareham, Dorset, U.K.
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Actually, I hadn’t. Maybe as a follow-up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe a bonus set Rick? Looks like they used a different font on the coaches and replaced the old logo with that (IMO really naff... but hey just my opinion) i
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Can't wait for this!! Can you see this screaming down the Monon route!!!!
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post
    Can't wait for this!! Can you see this screaming down the Monon route!!!!
    That I can, and have. What considering this was born from the CONO skin I was working on a while back, I can promise you'll be in for a treat with that!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA.
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    That I can, and have. What considering this was born from the CONO skin I was working on a while back, I can promise you'll be in for a treat with that!
    You are very generous, Jeremy. I think 'a while back' may be close to a decade. I certainly hope it will be worth the wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    You are very generous, Jeremy. I think 'a while back' may be close to a decade. I certainly hope it will be worth the wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't think it was THAT far back, haha! But I would say it'll be certainly worth the wait!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •