Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Back to Work - IC City of New Orleans

Email coming...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    Thanks for the Link Jim. Of course once played the song came back to me. Some decent colour footage of the trains there too. So much Rail Fan footage is ruined because the photographer fails to grasp the idea that it's the action/subject that should be moving, NOT the camera! Sad to learn of Steve's untimely demise too but it's got me looking through his discography.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Thanks for the Link Jim. Of course once played the song came back to me. Some decent colour footage of the trains there too. So much Rail Fan footage is ruined because the photographer fails to grasp the idea that it's the action/subject that should be moving, NOT the camera! Sad to learn of Steve's untimely demise too but it's got me looking through his discography.
    Glad you enjoyed that version
    Jim

Beautiful work as always Rick.
    - Mark -

Sorry that I got side tracked Rick, the cars look great.
    Jim

Thanks, Jim

The BLW/ZT City of New Orleans pack will be sent to testing in the next week or two. The set will consist of complete consists for the CoNO from 1948, 1958 and 1968.

Both the locomotives and cars will have specific modifications to paint scheme and details to match the different decades.

Questions for IC experts out in trainsim land.

1) In 1948, all coaches, diners, lounges, obs had both numbers and names. By 1968, the names had been removed. Were they there in 1958?

2) From photos, the skirting on the passenger cars was removed and the drop steps were welded open. Same question, before or after 1958?

3) I have a specific 13 car consist for the CoNO for 1948 (from one of the Wayner books). I can create my own for 1958 and 1968, but if someone has access to actual consists, that would be great.

THANKS!

Rick

Looking forward to this set for sure...............
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Looking forward to this set for sure...............
    You and I both!!!

Update:

I got a definitive answer from an IC fan over at Elvas Tower. Skirts removed 'almost immediately' - early 50's. Names removed from all but observation cars in the early/mid 50's and from the observation cars in the 60s. The skirts/steps matches what I have seen with the New Haven (mid 50s), so I'm confident enough to move forward.

Additional information:

Motive power complete, OR and MSTS compatible:

1948 - E6A - 2, E7A - 2, E7B - 1 - Steam era lower headlight and upper mars light. Brown and orange, green and white diamond on nose, double yellow stripes above the orange band, yellow lettering between grills at top of carbody

1958 - E7A - 2, E8A - 2, E9A - 2, E8B - 1, E9B - 1 twin sealed beam lower headlight and upper mars light. Brown and orange, green, yellow and black diamond on nose, black lettering on the orange band (E7B's off the roster before 1958)

1968 - E7A - 2, E8A - 2, E9A - 2, E8B - 1, E9B - 1 twin sealed beam lower and upper headlight. Brown and orange, IC Rail logo on nose, large black lettering on the orange band

Just need to 'version' the coaches, diners, and obs, get everything tested and release to you all.