Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back to Work - IC City of New Orleans

OH, Yeah!
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Whilst you're upgrading E Series Rick, how about some more "shovel nose" variants like the B&O one in the Troop Train Set? Always liked those because they actually looked like the stylised depictions of E units the graphics guys produced for various roads when they were advertising their streamlined trains.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lateagain; 08-21-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Funny you should mention that! Most of the new details I added to the E7 can be added to the E6 model pretty easily. That is the plan. Also works for CoNO/Panama Limted. I also have a 'back burner' job creating an L&N E6 for the Montgomery, AL to New Orleans leg of the 1950s Crescent Limited, something I started 5+years ago. Much of the consist is done, as are the PRR GG1s (NY Penn to DC), Southern E7s (DC to Atlanta) and A&WP/WR of A FP7s (Atlanta-Montgomery).

Oooh that sounds interesting! You sure like to keep a lot of things on the backburner, which I'd say isn't a bad idea considering you are less likely to go 'Uh h I dunno what to make'! Looking forward to all of this!

A shovel-nose CB&Q E-5 in stainless would be nice, too....

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    A shovel-nose CB&Q E-5 in stainless would be nice, too....
    Yes and in fact there weren't that many roads that operated any of the shovel nosed versions anyway? Maybe a Shovel nosed pack like the GP20's etc.?
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Yes and in fact there weren't that many roads that operated any of the shovel nosed versions anyway? Maybe a Shovel nosed pack like the GP20's etc.?
    Actually Seaboard and ACL used these. I think a couple made it into the SCL era. A restored ACL one is at the NC Transportation Museum.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Jeff Wilson’s Guide to North American Diesel Locomotives, which anyone posting here ought to have (?!)

Lists the following ;
    EA’s B&O
    E1’s (contemporary to EA) ATSF
    E3’s (contemporary to E6) ATSF, ACL, CRI&P, C&NW, KCS, MP, UP.
    E4 Built exclusively for Seaboard
    E5’S CB&Q, FW&D
    E6’s ATSF, ACL, B&O, C&NW, CRI&P, FEC, IC, KCS, L&N, MILW, MP, SAL, SOU, UP

Also the rather ugly but infinitely practical AB6 for CRI&P which could double up as a B unit but NOT a shovel nose.

....so more than I thought? Although numbers of units for some of these roads weren't great and I'm not sure if this listing doesn't include first second, even third, users of the same loco?
    Geoff
    UK

You can add GM&O to the EA list (1 ex-B&O unit acquired in the purchase of the Alton). It was later rebuilt to an E8m.

Quote Originally Posted by MMCdude View Post
    You can add GM&O to the EA list (1 ex-B&O unit acquired in the purchase of the Alton). It was later rebuilt to an E8m.
    Not sure it ever operated in it's EA configuration for GMO as the info on RRP archive says it was sent back for conversion when GMO took it over? All the pics in GMO livery show it after conversion but hey I stand to be corrected
    Geoff
    UK