Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSRE Activity Editor Question

Default TSRE Activity Editor Question

Good Morning All: This is an Activity Editor question, not a Route Editor question, but I was not sure where else to make the post. Does anyone know where I might locate instructions as to how to add AI traffic to existing activities in TSRE? Both the Consist Editor & Route Editors are intuitive enough that I figured out how to use them, but not so much the AE. Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thx...hawk

TSRE5-Document
    Page 63, Working with Traffic

Please note: I did not get a nod of approval after supplying the first draft of this document... so work on it was stopped.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    Please note: I did not get a nod of approval after supplying the first draft of this document... so work on it was stopped.
    That's too bad, I would have thought any volunteer work would have been welcomed.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Pete, is that because you didn't hear anything? Or the direction you went was not affirmed.

Here's a position statement from Goku: New Route Editor
    This pdf is good maybe for AE/CE. For RE it's mostly outdated.
    Ok, he doesn't say it's verry good - but neither does the opposite!

It's a great piece of work for me, thank you very much.
    Greetings Jan

I worked with what I had at the time... I tried to collect up a lot of the hints and tips from various sources. I was informed that Goku actually got paid to write the docs... so...
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Pete, for the CE and AE I'm using your contributions to the pdf manual, anything I need for the RE -- I go to Goku's latest version.

Everytime I think about grumbling about any of the OR & TSRE manuals or lack of, I remind myself that folks like yourself were without much accurate information in the early years....you had to figure it out for yourselves.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Help me figure out what is missing in the RE sections. Goku said it's outdated... but since I don't build routes... I don't know what is junk or good in there.

Note: I have decided to do some updates. New PDF is available.
    Last edited by pwillard; 08-23-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Missing info
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Pete, I'd be of no help with the RE section, I can move trees, buildings, bushes, but that's it...I'm most definitely not a route builder and know very little about the RE. Vince is the guy you need to work with...he's has the most experience working with Goku's RE.