Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Metro North Activities

Default New Metro North Activities

Hello all. Maybe I am missing something, but hopefully someone can set this matter straight for me.

First, I have the Metro North Route by Michael Kurras, Ryan Murphy, and Cory Duguid installed, now when the File amth_95 is opened, there are the two regular files, Routes & Trains. However, and this is where my old mind has gotten confused as I opened the "Routes" folder and it has multiple folders inside.

One for ConrailIndy 2, which I do not have, one for CSX A&WP, also do not have, one for PRR EAST REG which I do have and one for usax, which appears to be for the Metro-North Route.

Which file(s) do I use to run this activity please? Do I need all of these routes installed? The folder for PRR just has a text document for rolling stock.

Thank you for any help with this.

Looks like "bad packaging", I'd use only the Act files for the Metro-North Route...see how it goes. It appears someone forgot to check the work before uploading.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

That was my bad sorry...Only use the Files for the Metro-North Route. If you still have any questions let me know.

Chuck

I know how it goes, I spend bunches of time obsessing over errors when I'm uploading files to the library, cannot count how many times I have simply overlooked something...it happens.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks guys! It does work, I have most of the equipment so I am happy running my train.

These things happen, I had to reinstall the route (corrupted from old computer) as well as download it again.

Chuck, since you are here, let me say 'Thank you'. I'd rather have an activity with a glitch than no activity! Thanks for sharing.

I'm still chasing rolling stock I need so I haven't run it yet (I'm also chasing time . . . ) -- but it looks like a good one and I'm looking forward to it.

Christopher

I am not sure what is with Acela 2020? Is that a locomotive or passenger car or what? I have trouble trying to find the file to download here in the file library and came up empty. Anyone know what is Acela 2020? I can make a subsitute for this but need to know the right locomotive or passenger car.

Thank you,

John

Got the file with the help of other trainsimmer and friend too through email.

John

Default Mnrr m2

Hello, a question about the excellent MNRR M2's that are available here. In the activity they are running as AI's and none of the pantographs are raised when in AI use or Loose Consist.
    When leaving New Haven on this run to Penn Station are they using the "Third Rail" for power by mistake?

Just asking because I was expecting them to all be raised, but none are. After checking in Google for "Metro North @ New Haven" I see in the pictures that all the M2's have their Pantographs in a raised position.

8501_mnrr_m2b.zip8502_mnrr_m2a.zip

I have included the engine files, one has a Pantograph and the other is a Trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello, a question about the excellent MNRR M2's that are available here. In the activity they are running as AI's and none of the pantographs are raised when in AI use or Loose Consist.
    When leaving New Haven on this run to Penn Station are they using the "Third Rail" for power by mistake?

Just asking because I was expecting them to all be raised, but none are. After checking in Google for "Metro North @ New Haven" I see in the pictures that all the M2's have their Pantographs in a raised position.

8501_mnrr_m2b.zip8502_mnrr_m2a.zip

I have included the engine files, one has a Pantograph and the other is a Trailer.
    ???? ENG files have nothing to do with Pantographs.
    Charles