Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Metro North Activities

Charles -- So what is your explanation about this above?

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Charles -- So what is your explanation about this above?

John
    I have no idea why the Pantographs are not raised. BUT I do know that the answer is NOT in the ENG files as there is no entry in ENG files for Pantographs. AND don't assume that they are "missing" from these ENG files. Look at the ENG/WAG tech documents. There is no keywords or parameters for them in ENG files.

Knowing that, I assume that the shape file has two _______. One with the Pantograph up and the other with it down. The display of which would be controlled by the P key for the drivable electric engines. Perhaps there is a _______ that is set as default and these engine shapes have the down as default.

BUT this is all assumptions on my part. Editing shapes is beyond my pay grade.
    Charles

Thank you to you, Charles for your information and I don't know much about this but you explain about the Pantographs. Now I see how the Pantographs work with the key commands.

John

Charles, there is an entry in the engine files for the Pantographs, right near the bottom.

Horn ( 0 1 0 )
    Vigilance ( 0 1 0 )
    PantographToggle1 ( 0 1 1 )
    PantographToggle2 ( 1 1 1 )
    PantographsToggle_4 ( 0 1 1 )

Headlights ( 0 0.25 1 0 )
    Wipers ( 0 1 0 )
    BellToggle( 0 1 0 )

This is in the Engine file and why I was asking this question, because checking other "Eng" files, this is the only one that has these three entries.

Is there some way that OR can identify one of those to raise them for AI Locos? The other Electrics in the Activity all have the Pantographs raised correctly, so I was wondering where or what is the difference with these particular ones? When used as the Player Train the pantographs raise accordingly, only when used as traffic they have this issue.

Anyone have experience writing "ENG" files?

Thank you in advance and thank you Charles for your response.

Don

From the Manual:
    8.3.1 Pantographs
    The pantographs of all locomotives in a consist are triggered by Control Pantograph First and Control Pantograph
    Second commands ( <P> and <Shift+P> by default ). The status of the pantographs is indicated by
    the Pantographs value in the HUD view.
    Since the simulator does not know whether the pantograph in the 3D model is up or down, you can set
    some additional parameters in order to add a delay between the time when the command to raise the
    pantograph is given and when the pantograph is actually up.
    In order to do this, you can write in theWagon section of your .eng le or .wag le (since the pantograph
    may be on a wagon) this optional structure:
    From a GG-1 ENG section of the engine file: try changing what you have to the lines below. Additionally, there may be something wrong with the shape files. That's it, that's all I know, you may need to wait until someone with experience with electrics finds the thread.
    Code:
               PantographToggle2 ( 0 1 0 )
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Charles, there is an entry in the engine files for the Pantographs, right near the bottom.

Horn ( 0 1 0 )
    Vigilance ( 0 1 0 )
    PantographToggle2 ( 1 1 1 )
    PantographsToggle_4 ( 0 1 1 )

Headlights ( 0 0.25 1 0 )
    Wipers ( 0 1 0 )
    BellToggle( 0 1 0 )

This is in the Engine file and why I was asking this question, because checking other "Eng" files, this is the only one that has these three entries.

Is there some way that OR can identify one of those to raise them for AI Locos? The other Electrics in the Activity all have the Pantographs raised correctly, so I was wondering where or what is the difference with these particular ones? When used as the Player Train the pantographs raise accordingly, only when used as traffic they have this issue.

Anyone have experience writing "ENG" files?

Thank you in advance and thank you Charles for your response.
    Those entries are after the EngineOperatingProcedures entry which is normally the LAST entry in the Engine section of an ENG file. Perhaps those entries are not being read. Try moving them to before the Sound and Name line entries.

The reason I could not find them is I did a search for "Pan", found the text about the Pantograph in the EngineOperatingProcedures and quit looking because I assumed that it was the end of the file.
    Charles

BTW the PantographToggle1 ( 0 1 1 ) is a TwoState control. TwoState control is defined as ControlName( <on-value> <off-value> <default-value> )
    That makes ( 0 1 1 ) appear to define the default to equal OFF. Try changing it to ( 0 1 0 ).

Charles

Thank you Gerry and Charles. I though maybe there was a way OR would recognize the Value to put the Pantograph Up, like the OR Statement for the Trees on the track, or the Speedometer number change.

I will try as you have suggested. Yes, Charles, that is exactly what I did, I was looking at the Eng File and thought that is an odd order to put things. I will make some changes and see what happens. I have back-ups.

The clarification on what the numbers actually mean helps me a lot.

Another point. The data name is PantographToggle# NOT Pantgraph <space> # as in "PantographsToggle_4 ( 0 1 1 )".
    And there is no "s" at the end of the data name.
    And why is there a "4" and no "3"? Are there really four Pantographs on this engine?

Charles

Default Mnrr m2

Ok, I updated to Version U2019.08.23-0936 just to update. I tried switching the Numerical values on the MNRR M2 Locomotives but still no operation of the Pantographs. I now put it as the Player Train and pressing the "P" key does nothing to them. They work in Shape Viewer and no errors show up pertaining to the operation of these Locomotives in either Con Builder or Route Righter.

The Acela 2020 as Player Locomotive and the TT ACS-64 both work properly. I know there is an update to the Eng Files of the MNRR Locos, I tried them both ways, with and without the update but no difference. I included the engine files in my first post if they are needed to look at.

Also here is the OR Log if it may be of any help. Thank you all.
    OpenRailsLog.zip