Thread: Administrator issues please

Default Administrator issues please

I am having problems with Administrator Issues and think the Problem is with my Administrator settings, may be wrong but their seem to be to Many,

At the end of the day this is my Computer not Microsoft's and am starting to get a bit fed up being told "You need Administrator Permssion to do that".

I do have a Programme called Tweaks-UAC which I have been using Since my Windows 7 Days and have it set to Silent Mode.

I have also noticed this mostty happens when using MSTS.

Any help or Suggestions Please?

Many thanks

Paul.

Did you allow MSTS to be installed in the default location?
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Hi pwillard, thanks for reply.

NO, I am using Windows 10 OS and MSTS does not go into C:\Programme Files x86, It has to go into Drive C\1MSTS which is working fine and is Installed as Administrator but still having an issue with being told "you need Administrator permission to do that"

There seem to be a lot of Administrator windows in my setup and I'm not sure they should all be their or which one to pick?

Not sure what to do now.

Many thanks

Paul.

Well, your issues are why many believe that Microsoft *thought* they were making Windows better with Windows 10... but have served to upset many people as well. I guess they are learning the wrong lessons from Apple. Windows 10 doesn't just let you have full administrator rights "out of the box" the way prior versions did.

You can likely tweak you UAC, permissions and ownership settings after the fact but its a pain. I feel, that you actually *didn't* want to install MSTS as administrator (in my opinion). There are some tools available to make UAC just shut up... but you can also tell it to not warn you about every single dang thing your system does in the control panel. At this point, you might have better luck UNINSTALLING... changing settings and re-installing.

In the end, I only needed to have my PC run TRAIN.EXE as Administrator.

Note: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while back for free... but after using it for a month... I was still not a happy camper and restored my Win7 backup and have been there since. I might not be the best resource to help with WINDOWS 10 questions going forward.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    Well, your issues are why many believe that Microsoft *thought* they were making Windows better with Windows 10... but have served to upset many people as well. I guess they are learning the wrong lessons from Apple. Windows 10 doesn't just let you have full administrator rights "out of the box" the way prior versions did.

You can likely tweak you UAC, permissions and ownership settings after the fact but its a pain. I feel, that you actually *didn't* want to install MSTS as administrator (in my opinion). There are some tools available to make UAC just shut up... but you can also tell it to not warn you about every single dang thing your system does in the control panel. At this point, you might have better luck UNINSTALLING... changing settings and re-installing.

In the end, I only needed to have my PC run TRAIN.EXE as Administrator.

Note: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while back for free... but after using it for a month... I was still not a happy camper and restored my Win7 backup and have been there since. I might not be the best resource to help with WINDOWS 10 questions going forward.
    I agree tried windows 10 became so feed up with the sod program went back to the computer shop told the gormless pillock to restore me back to windows 7 64 bit.
    He goes but windows 10 is better.
    My reply was better? Please define better, cause personally to me I think it's just crap. And unless you want me coming to your home
    every day to use your computer you will change it.

Changed me back to windows 7 in one day. The old saying applies well.

If it is not broke, leave it ALONE.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    ...gormless pillock...
    I've always had a fondness for "true English" slang .... just wonderful, although I only have a vague notion of what "gormless pillock" really means >>>> stupid idiot?

I put it in Google Translate --- into other languages...some of the results
    bolsa sin gusanos
    gormlaus púði
    walang galang na pillock
    he paanui
    pōkole gormless
    cluasag gormless
    beorė pagalvė
    schlaffes kissen

So many dolts to choose from. I think pōkole gormless (Hawaiian ) is my favorite...
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I am so glad that others have the same view of Windows 10 as I do.I have even bought myself a new Windows 7 machine (some months ago in case the one I am running MSTS on now dies.I am sure others on here know my views on OR also.

Ragtimer, I have been fed up with M$ since Vista started asking me for admin privileges. MSTS worked for a while on Windows 7 until a damn update made my keyboard inoperative. The problem is they installed automatically so I have no idea which update causes that issue to arise. I ended up dual booting with XP so I can continue to have some enjoyment in MSTS.

I had high hopes for ORTS. But honestly I have lost interest and faith in their program.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    I have also noticed this mostly happens when using MSTS.
    THAT is an astute observation.

Luckily there is a support group for those who are steadfastly addicted to Train.exe in these modern OS times.

If you want guaranteed seating, it is recommended you bring your own galvanized milk can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew