Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas List / Development List

AI trains that get hit with a detector and have to stop with a built in timer for say 5 mins. then they reset and get going.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    We also need a route that's just a bit of, well, fun. I was doing some random searching for potential projects to build in one of the sims and I came across the Gum Stump And Snowshoe in Pennsylvania. Hitherto I had always thought that was just a curious zigzag model plan in a Kalmbach book, but was actually a real prototype - including the zigzags. Something like that, with lots of offshoots and spurs you could serve would make a refreshing change. Or if not that, something like the Carlton Coast logging lines in Oregon which was also a network of branches (no pun intended!) and spurs.
    Perhaps something like that could be added as a branch line off one of the existing routes in the same manner as the recent Arvin and Oak Creek add on. If it wasn't prototypical those that didn't want it need not buy it but I probably would.

Honestly as far as the Run8 community as a whole (not the bigger communities who keep Run8 alive) is pretty much dead. I'm hoping Southwest Rail Simulations can relaunch this fall. As far as single player I've decided to go to a model railroad simulator now and develop with my son. Until then my RD sits idle as it has for most of this year hoping something sparks up.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    ......as far as the Run8 community as a whole (not the bigger communities who keep Run8 alive) is pretty much dead.......
    Huh?

The entire Run 8 community is dead but those which "keep Run 8 alive" are not dead.

What does this peculiar statement mean?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

You never heard of, "white man speak with forked tongue, Kemosabe".........Bruce.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Perhaps "dead" is a bit too extreme. I can't speak for anything that I'm not a part of. There are remaining communities that still have active sessions I'm sure. In fact earlier this year I seen plenty of new faces, new blood getting into Run8. There simply isn't any buzz that I'm aware of. I haven't seen it here, and I haven't seen it on communities that I belong that held their own not that long ago.

Simply an opinion.

Thanks

Sean

Far from dead it is as you say.
    Work Safe play hard

I'm not sure Run8 is dead either. I don't take part in any multi player sessions but Run8 is still my primary train sim and I'm sure there are many like me sitting on their own having fun dispatching, running a through freight (or just sitting in the conductors seat with my feet up), switching a yard or industrial area as busy or as relaxing as I want it.

Now DTG bringing out TS2020, there's someone flogging a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    ....Simply an opinion.
    Yeah, I appreciate that, Sean.

But I can't make coherent sense out of what you typed: on the one hand you say that the Run 8 community as a whole is just about dead yet on the other hand you say that the bigger communities keep it alive.
    How can the communities be dead yet alive at the same time......unless they are zombies?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkathage View Post
    I'm not sure Run8 is dead either. I don't take part in any multi player sessions but Run8 is still my primary train sim and I'm sure there are many like me sitting on their own having fun dispatching, running a through freight (or just sitting in the conductors seat with my feet up), switching a yard or industrial area as busy or as relaxing as I want it.......
    Ditto here.

I don't need a game-specific community to maintain a high level of interest in whatever it is I play.