Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas List / Development List

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Perhaps "dead" is a bit too extreme. I can't speak for anything that I'm not a part of.
    You can't, so why did you?

There simply isn't any buzz that I'm aware of. I haven't seen it here,
    Why would the 'buzz' be here where the focus is on MSTS and Open Rails. And since when is 'forum participation' an indication of popularity? As an early MSTS junkie with lots of custom cabs and repaints under my belt, I get it. And, when reviewing the current MSTS/OR screenshots, I shake my head since very little has changed. Then it occurred to me. This forum isn't necessarily about the Simulators, it's about the members and their repaints, sound editing, etc. Precisely why there is very little Run8 stuff here since none of that is doable (Other than Trains, Worlds, & Maps ).

Thing is, the forum where it's about the sim, not the person, is thriving and many don't even participate in 'multiplayer'. If I were to deem a simulator as 'dead', Run8 wouldn't be on the list while many here would.

Maybe not dead, but a bit comatose. Though my interest was piqued by driving out from LA towards Flagstaff in ATS last night, including a (very) abridged Cajon Pass then in about 10 minutes passing through Seligman! Still waiting for Brad and co to have a sale on the routes so I can complete the collection without having to mortgage my pension...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....Still waiting for Brad and co to have a sale on the routes so I can complete the collection without having to mortgage my pension...
    Forty US bucks is chicken feed these days for a game, Vern.
    I can't even fill my car (Honda Jazz, 6.5litres/100km consumption, so very frugal) for less than forty AU dollars.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Not at the current UK/US exchange rate Bruce. Though recent developments in the Brexit debacle - Boris prorogued Parliament illegally (ha!) and may have misled the Queen a bit - have seen the £ rise a bit today.

The problem is, the route I really want is the LA one but to join that to the rest of the network I also need Cajon. That's $80 which is around £75, more than N3V TRS19.

Edit: Also at this point, worth waiting to see if there is a V.3 imminent and should the answer be yes hold back to purchase that.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 09-24-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Vern.

Wow! Never said the game is dead, I'm sure many are playing single player. Tried it, too limited for my liking. But I'm glad others are enjoying it due to the overwhelming response

As for the buzz I never meant this forum in particular, though certainly part of it. The buzz for V2 was huge in comparison.

Overall community and select communities are 2 different things. But I'm not going to bother explaining that again.

As for the value I got mine years ago, probably the best value. Always said this is the best train simulator on the planet in my opinion. Again just opinion.

Enjoy

Sean

Yeah but the Aussie dollar is never worth more than thruppence ha'ppeny, Bruce.

I wouldn't know about dead or not, i only play single player mode.

At the moment i do not even play that. Give me a proper AI despatcher and i might re-install R8, but not before.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Not at the current UK/US exchange rate Bruce. ......
    Yeah, it's pretty piss-poor, isn't it? (I just checked the currencies.)
    And that would explain why I can buy books (new and second-hand) from the UK which, including postage, cost less than if I buy them here.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Yeah but the Aussie dollar is never worth more than thruppence ha'ppeny, Bruce. ...
    "Thruppence ha'penny"? What year are you living in.......1819?
    We haven't used that term since the convict days - the 1960s, when you Brits came down here by the boatload!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, i still remember thruppence ha'ppeny very well Bruce.

A tanner (sixpence), ten bob (ten shillings). The good old days, non of this decimal and metric rubbish.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

How about 3 quid for that bobber.
    Work Safe play hard