Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasii v2.0 - ORTS Route

Default Fantasii v2.0 - ORTS Route

Just downloaded this route and am getting errors of missing track shapes. Anyone know where i can find the following shapes.

clip from route riter:

Global Shape file a4t2000r0_5d.s is missing from your route, no alternative is available in the other installed routes.
    Global Shape file a4t375r20d.s is missing from your route, no alternative is available in the other installed routes.
    Global Shape file a4t750r01d.s is missing from your route, no alternative is available in the other installed routes.
    Global Shape file a4t750r05d.s is missing from your route, no alternative is available in the other installed routes.
    Global Shape file a4t750r10d.s is missing from your route, no alternative is available in the other installed routes.
    Global Shape file a4t750r20d.s is missing from your route, no alternative is available in the other installed routes.

Thanks in advance.
    Richard Rasmussen
    The Locomotive Paintshop
    http://tlptrainsim.proboards.com/index.cgi

I downloaded Fantasii v2 yesterday and I am having problems of a different sort. Every time the train enters a curve OR crashes. Error messages indicate some sort of sound error. I assumed that this was being caused by the track squeal feature. Next I swapped the Fantasii_v2.trk and ttype.dat files mentioned in the Readme.txt and everything works fine now.

My question is, how do I use the track squeal feature. Looking into the OR manual it looks as if I will have to dig into the code. Is there a quick way to enable the track squeal? Hopefully I just missed checking a box somewhere.

Fred

Hi Richard,

I assumed (a bad word) that these were part of the xtracks files. I am uploading a patch for the route that will include these missing files. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Hi Fred,

In the Open Rails manual dated 16 August 2019, see page 197, section 1. It tells you how to download the test sound set by clicking on the hyperlink word of here at the end of the paragraph.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

HI Steve,

Thanks for the info. It worked like a charm.

This is really a great route with a lot of attention payed to detail. The track squeal is the icing on the cake.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    Hi Richard,

I assumed (a bad word) that these were part of the xtracks files. I am uploading a patch for the route that will include these missing files. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Boy that was fast. Never expected a reply AND a fix uploaded and in the file library within 24 HRS. Thanks a bunch. Its a fantastic route, one that I will be running alot. Great work.
    Richard Rasmussen
    The Locomotive Paintshop
    http://tlptrainsim.proboards.com/index.cgi

You're welcome. Right now I am putting the finishing touches on an activity pack. They will show off more of Open Rails abilities. I hope to have them finished and uploaded by Monday at the latest.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Looking forward to downloading and trying this out, Steve. Congratualations, and thank you - looks like a fine piece of artwork.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I did not realize that this download ( 2.5 GB ) will take forever and so far mine is a little more than 20 hours to go before it's done. Wow and by the way I did not purchase the membership for download. I know if I have the membership and the download will not take long.

John

Is anyone else with Firefox having problems getting the download to pause and restore? Even though I am logged in, attempts at restoring a paused download are always failing. It is as if this site is rejecting reconnects.