Thread: Touching up old engines.

Default Touching up old engines.

I decided to take a break from painting box cars and as I wondered what I could do for a change of pace I started looking at each orginal SLI locomotives i then decided why not try and upgrade the textures? Can't be that hard right? I was wrong.
    took me longer than I wanted to admit todo this project and all I have done are 3 sets. the orginal locomotives can be found in the libaray here at Train Sim incase people want to know.

So I decided to touch up and fix the SLSF units first both SD45 and GP38AC then I did the D&H SD45. I replaced things that were missing fixed the off panel lines on the right hand side of the locomotive near the roof replaced the roof texture and fan textures added the small walkway lights thank you to the SLSF historical society for the information and the huge collection of SD45 images. redid the missing rear air hose lines added the correct stenciling for a older model I don't think it came out too bad.

If people like these I can release them once I get in contact with the original painters.

rebuild.jpg

Open Rails 2019-08-15 12-12-33A.jpg

Somewhere in Indiana near the Indianapolis Line

Nice work Michelle (as always). I would love to see these in the library

Wow! Super job, Michelle! I agree with Dave above; you should upload these to the library.

And, while I'm here - thank you so much for all the work you do to help keep this hobby alive. There are so few of you left that actually make the time and effort to share your work and I know you don't get a lot of acknowledgement for your stuff. As one of those who are unable to master what you do, I sincerely appreciate your generosity and hard work. A big THANK YOU to you, Young Lady!
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Nice work on the updates! I think I did the repaints of the SD45s. You're more than welcome to share your upgrades of my repaints.

Tyler

Wow I am really surprised at how many have been downloaded in one day. I am guessing everyone loved the rework and TLC I gave these units.