Thread: MNRR M2 Electric Locomotives

Default MNRR M2 Electric Locomotives

Hello, I have posted in the Open Rails section as well, but this may be more appropriate. I downloaded these Locomotives here from the F/L and they are very nice looking. My problem is with the Animation of the Pantographs, they do not function either when used as a Player Train, "P" key does nothing to operate them. When used as an AI Train the Pantographs do not function either.

I tried, as suggested in the OR section to modify the Numerical Sequence of the operating "key", but that did not work either.

The animation works fine in Shape Viewer and no errors show up in either Con Builder or Route Riter.

Any help on this would be appreciated. The sample ENG files are in my first Open Rails post.

Hi Don,
    The pantographs work fine in MSTS, using <P> to raise and <Shift+P> to lower. For some reason, in Open Rails, this is reversed! <Shift+P> to raise and <P> to lower.

Have tested in the default Japan1 route in both MSTS and ORTS.

Sorry, I can't answer regarding the AI trains.

Cheers,
    Ged

It shouldn't be like that, in Open Rails, AFAIK P toggles the first pantograph (up AND down), Shift+P toggles the second and so on...
    So Open Rails sees the pantograph as the second one. From what I can remember, this was always like that on this trainset. It's probably for the reverse run, so that you can leave Grand Central Terminal (which has only third rail and low clearance) without having to raise a pantograph. Maybe MSTS ignores how the pantograph is named in the shape file and just assumes it is the first because there is only one?

Hello Ged, you have helped me before, to quote:
    "Have tested in the default Japan1 route in both MSTS and ORTS." was this a test with these MNRR Locomotives?

I think that what
    mmax45581 is true, that there is a problem with this particular trainset. All the others that are running have the Pantographs up.

Now, I have modified the Numeric Values for them without any change, it was suggested that the "Shape File" may be at fault and OR is not recognizing it correctly. Where in the shape file would the identification of the animation of the pantograph be?

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Well I made some adjustments, really I found a "(" in the wrong place/spacing and now the Player Locomotive Pantographs work using "Shift + P", but the AI trains of M2's are still down. 50% done! Yeah.

Hi Don,
    Yes, it was with the MNRR loco you specified in your Open Rails post - 8502_mnrr_m2a. I made no changes to any files after downloading and it worked, as I posted

Cheers,
    Ged