Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RF&P upgrade and extension

As for Main Street Station, that is more of a SAL/C&O location. The actual RF&P mainline follows the old ACL from Acca Yard, with the zero milepost of the RF&P at the beginning of the ACL bridge over the James River. From what I have found photos of, most of RF&Ps passenger service terminated in Richmond's old Broad Street Station, which is now a museum. Would be nice to see that recreated in it's past glory, but understand your desire to finish the project as is.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I thought about including Broad Street Station too, even though it would be an anachronism, because it was the Science Museum by 2002, when the route is set.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Hey, Don. You said that the scenic detail improvements are done, sort of. What else did you want improved? Maybe I can make some further improvements. By the way, some of the screen shots on my website are from the original version of the route. One thing I changed just about everywhere, but it won't show in the old screen shots, is that I replaced forests from the original Train Simulator with better trees, such as trees of Eastern Canada by Ted Kocyla, if the forests were anywhere near the tracks. I'm also replacing original vehicles with better ones.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

Default RF&P upgrade and extension

Hey, Steve, I meant that now you are completing this fine route.
    I found the Stations to be the things I wanted to change to more accurate ones. I also modified the Auto-Train Yard to better reflect its use, with lots of cars and Loading Ramps. The other thing was the signals. Mr. Ebner put together a fine set of proper signals for this route, unfortunately I never got around to installing all of them.
    RF&P AutoTrain2.jpg
    RF&P Alexandria Station New.jpg

Thanks, Don. I guess I got a different view of the Auto Train terminal because I was usually passing it in rush hour (and for much of the year in the dark). Auto Train usually wasn't there when I rode by on VRE. Maybe when I first did the route I didn't know how to make static trains either. I could add a switcher and some spare Auto Train cars as static objects.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

Yes, some details are hard to place because of "Time-of-Day" references we make. Mainly I cleared away some of those awful tree groups and added waiting cars and the ramps.