Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF&P upgrade and extension

Actually, I don't see how my VRE station could have had that many polygons, but that's the number the MSTS plugin displayed when I exported the model from Sketchup.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Literalman View Post
    After the RF&P, the next route I want to work on is my Blue Comet Lines, extending it to Allentown and Newark. Then maybe the Ma & Pa, but that would be years from now.
    After I am done with the BCL-Redux (The modern era Blue Comet Lines) upgrade (And thanks so much for allowing me to go ahead with it.) & my little 12 mile Raritan River RR route. I was going to work on the BCL extension south. I did a copy and started putting in tiles for it quite a while ago. But taking Vince's advice (Which was smart) starting with a 1 tile route in the new TSRE5 editor to get use to it, then when comfortable making a small route at first which is the Raritan River.

I want to do it in the 1930 era. Bring the CNJ down to Vineland, Bridgeton & Port Morris. And the track for the West Jersey & Seashore (PRR) & The Atlantic City RR (RDG) before the merger in 1933. Doing this all the lines along the shore would be covered (Ocean City, Sea Isle City, Stone Harbor, Avalon, The Wildwoods, Cold Spring Harbor with the loop & Cape May). A challenge is along a lot of the ROWs for the WJ&S were 3rd rail for their EMU's (Including their main to AC). Plus I love to put in the few miles of the Shore Fast Lines interurban between AC & Longport & few miles west to Somers Point. All the WJ&S & ACR tracks would terminate to the west in Camden at the Reading Terminal & the PRR's Federal Street Terminal & Pavonia Yard.

Be nice to have the southern part of Jersey covered. So after I am done with the BCL modern era update & RRRR. I will see how much Valium I have left to continue on that .
    - Mark -

I think I've got Ma&Pa trackcharts. Or maybe I'm thinking they were in one of the excellent books about it. That would be a popular route.
    I believe I've got CNJ trackcharts too, heading to Allentown.
    (My collection has benefited significantly from Scott Whitney's NMRO offerings).
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    BLWZT has an "Early CSX" set about 75% done. There are some other projects ahead in the line, but maybe this route needs this set . . .Christopher
    Christopher, is the "Early CSX" for the future at BLW going to included the 4 CSX "Stealth" ex-Clinchfield F units that they used for their executive train. I know they took them off of it around March 1988 and put them into revenue service hauling the Atlanta-Detroit RoadRailer Service back in 1988. I believe they were F7A #116, FP7A #118 & F7B #'s 117 & 119. I remember somewhere I read CSX said they were going to run them in 2 A-B set & "Run them 'til they dropped.".
    - Mark -

I'd forgotten about those! I'm not sure if they will make it in.

Cory, would you mind making the Staples Mill Rd station with a low polygon count? The VRE station I made wouldn't load on my computer. Too many polygons, it turned out (4,834), even with two-dimensional railings.

Chris, thanks for the offer of track charts. After the RF&P, the next route I want to work on is my Blue Comet Lines, extending it to Allentown and Newark. Then maybe the Ma & Pa, but that would be years from now.
    Alright Steve, I have the modern Staples Mill done at 85 percent and holding at 485 polys.
    SFCAN239.jpgSFCAN240.jpg
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Thank you, Cory.

Mark, go for it! I thought of doing all of that when building the Blue Comet Lines, but I had to stop somewhere. Did you know that the PRSL from Atlantic City to Camden is included in the PRR East?

Also, in case you didn't notice, the Blue Comet Lines are shifted south from their real-life position in order to avoid the Great White Void. Either Bin came out while I was building the route or I was loath to add one more program to the computer I was using then (and sharing with the rest of the family). If I finish the RF&P before you are done with South Jersey, I could possibly build west and north from Elizabethport and create segments that could be merged into your work, replacing only the E'port tiles (the rest would be new.

Chris, I have track charts for the CNJ as far west as Easton, but not Easton to Allentown. I have Hilton's Ma & Pa book, which has track charts for Baltimore and York. I got station photos and other information, including the route superimposed on topo maps, from a historical website, and there are so many photos available that I could fill in a lot of the blanks.

Thanks, everybody.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Thank you, Cory.

Mark, go for it! I thought of doing all of that when building the Blue Comet Lines, but I had to stop somewhere. Did you know that the PRSL from Atlantic City to Camden is included in the PRR East?

Also, in case you didn't notice, the Blue Comet Lines are shifted south from their real-life position in order to avoid the Great White Void. Either Bin came out while I was building the route or I was loath to add one more program to the computer I was using then (and sharing with the rest of the family). If I finish the RF&P before you are done with South Jersey, I could possibly build west and north from Elizabethport and create segments that could be merged into your work, replacing only the E'port tiles (the rest would be new.
    I know the PRR-ER does run to the Federal Street Terminal & Pavonia Yard in Camden. One thing they did omit on the build was the Bordentown Secondary which was a sin in a way because you could have ran the PRR's Nelly Bly (NYC-AC all parlor train) & freights from the north that had to access Pavonia Yard.

I do notice that there was a slight shift to the south. When I laid the starting tiles in TSRE5 then overlaid I saw it and figured it was for a white void. I did the tiles down to Richland first then down to Tuckahoe including the Ocean City Branch & the Beesley Point Generating Station spur for running those long coal or oil trains.. I was going to start on laying the track then decided to do the modern redux to the BCL. But like I said, as soon as I release the redone BCL and finish my little 12 mile Raritan River RR. I will jump on it again.
    - Mark -

Kudos to both Mark & Steve on Extending-Rebuilding on this area of Railroading. I just re-opened my copy of RF&P, it is a nicely done route overall!

The Japanese Stations are a bit of a pain, but otherwise the trackage is nice and the Activities have a good variety of Traffic, for the most part. Yes it is very dated, but has a lot of possibilities for more "practice" for me using TSRE5 to add and change scenery. So much is available now with all the fine artistes out there, as well as more realistic trains.