Thread: can not run activities on 3DTS_TEH2 with SLI stock

Default can not run activities on 3DTS_TEH2 with SLI stock

for some reason or another God only knows i can not run 3DTS_TEH2_SP_EB_INTERMODAL activity using SLI power and stock,,, BUT i can explore using any consists made up with SLI

running MSTS or Open Rails?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

im running MSTS ... i venture a guess that it must be the ASV. files in the activity folder????

Guess is all you'll be able to do since MSTS doesn't give up error information.
    Testing with Route_Riter [CHECK ROUTE] test may show something and is worth a try.

MUCH better would be to run under Open Rails because it provides (if selected) a comprehensive log to the user which would probably make it possible to solve your problem quickly. Sadly, you'll have to continue guessing and swapping files in and out to get a fix. The ASV file should not cause a problem. More likely is a bad engine of wag file or missing a required MSTS add-on like MSTS-Bin.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

It should be evident that someone who could help themselves many times over but consistently does not has created a situation where we all serve as the function of his 'log'

I'm glad the 'log' has finally ran out of anything to report.

If the activity has both .asv and .act files and you edit the consists without using the MSTS activity editor you will need to delete the .asv file. MSTS will load the activity using the .asv file and will not "see" the consist changes.
    Regards,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    It should be evident that someone who could help themselves many times over but consistently does not has created a situation where we all serve as the function of his 'log' I'm glad the 'log' has finally ran out of anything to report.
    You joined 6 years ago and looking back over your previous posts you seemed to have missed the point that this forum is here to HELP people? 32 posts in 6 years (which I invite you and others to look back over) and yet this is your best response to a newcomer? Here on the MSTS section of the forum most folk are delighted that there are still newcomers to the hobby and especially when they are trying to learn how to fix stuff.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    You joined 6 years ago and looking back over your previous posts you seemed to have missed the point that this forum is here to HELP people? 32 posts in 6 years (which I invite you and others to look back over) and yet this is your best response to a newcomer? Here on the MSTS section of the forum most folk are delighted that there are still newcomers to the hobby and especially when they are trying to learn how to fix stuff.
    Yep, thank you, Geoff.

...and to Pennsyfan: recommend that you start reading and using the tutorials for MSTS on the Steam4Me web site...educating yourself and making some effort to find an answer before tasking others is a considerate path to take.

At some point look into OR, if you don't like it, there's always MSTS or another platform.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 08-31-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.