Thread: Monon2 Version 17 Crashes MSTS Activity Editor

Post Monon2 Version 17 Crashes MSTS Activity Editor

Been gone for a while and am no back and installed Monon 2 Version 17 and I can open the route in MSTS without a peoblem. But every time I try to open it in The Activity Editor, I crashes right before loading the route map. I have uninstalled and reinstall it and am at my wit's end as to what now. I would appreciate any help or suggestions as I really love this route. Has anyone else had this problem? I deleted all of the activities, paths, services, and traffic. I also removed the hold.text files as well. Could that be the problem for the crash. Please help. Many thanks.

Gelowims

The easy way to solve this problem is to download open rails and use that and for the activity editor use TSRE (find it at koniec.org)

A well known problem from way back when before modern OSes added their own layer of troubles was the original editors were cranky and would crash if there wasn't at least one default route with a path and one minimal default activity.

You don't really say what the status is of any other default routes.

If you bought Sherman Hill route, that is why there is that Path Test activity that came with it, for the MSTSers, presuming it was going to be a mini-route install for most with no other default routes present. So he provided it. Totally uneeded for open rails of course.

Geepsters right, must have one activity, try create new activity. Other wise check your other routes, you maybe missing some rolling stock.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Update: I decided to di the learning curve and use Open Rails and TSRE5. Success. I am wondering how I will create paths though. May need s tutorial of how to create paths using TSRE5. Thanks Everyone.

Why not just use the Track Viewer that comes with Open Rails? It's excellent for making and editing paths.

Ok. Will give it a try. Is there a downloadable manual somewhere for downloading? Thanks. You all are making my return to my all-time favorite a joy.

Video tutorial on making paths in trackviewer. Kill the syntho music, tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKgldaHZeLA

There should be a track viewer manual included in your copy of Open Rails, go Documentation->Track Viewer Manual

Also, the path editing function of TSRE5 doesn't work yet, you can only view paths as of now.

Good Evening Everyone. I wanted to give an update to the error I was having with PRR and MSTS Activity Editor. The problem was resolved when I unchecked everything under the view menu after opening the PRR Route. I only left platforms and siding checked. The Activity Editor is working like a charm. Thanks for all the suggestions.