Thread: Is the TSRE timetable editor function for real?

Default Is the TSRE timetable editor function for real?

Hi all,

I am learning how to use the TSRE activity editor. I created a simple activity going from point A to point B on the Seaboard Airline Route. I created the path on the OR Track Viewer and performed all other functions with the TSRE AE. The activity should take about 4 and a half hours to complete. However the Timetable editor says it should only take 1 hour 45 minutes. I calculated the time as the very last step in creating the activity.

Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated.

Fred

I don't know whether the following is true, but it seems to me that either:
    -the TSRE5 time calculation is way off (please note it says it's only based on max acceleration calculations)
    -or the OpenRails function to speed up time makes the time run relatively faster with increasing percentage of time

(in an autopilot activity test with >1000% timeflow my final delay was like five hours - this activity was created with TSRE5, but without knowledge of the real times)

If you already know how long the run is supposed to take, you could use *advanced mathematics* to figure out how you have to set the times so it lasts as long as you want it to.

Like, take the real time (4h), divide it by the time you got in the AE (1.75h) and multiply all times with the factor you'll get out of that equation (2.286). Note: this may work better if you work with minutes instead of hours (240/105=2.286)

I find that actually running an activity is a way to know. I make notes during a test run, times passing MP's ect.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Same thing happened to me... the editor shows a short time for AI trains to complete the entire route but when I am running the traffics run very well in acceptable and stable speed...

The only real issue that I have is that in some cases the signals are not recorded as track objects (the red triangle desapeared) and I have to go back to the editor remove the signals and place it again...

Regards!

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for the input but as usual I asked a question before doing any research. I looked into the mater and found the following.

The consist file for the player contains the following... MaxVelocity ( 31.73984 0.11501 ). The 31.73984 is meters per second. That converts to 71 mph. The path is 125 miles long so that works out to about 1.75 hours which is about what the timetable editor says. This means that the timetable editor only looks at the consist file and path file to determine the total time to traverse the path. It does not look at the .eng file for the MaxVelocity and does not look at the speed boards along the path.

The only way to find the actual time is to, as Vince says, run the route, preferably at high speed, and enter the times manually.

This brings up another question. Does anyone know what the 0.11501 is?

Fred
    Last edited by frliss; 08-30-2019 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Yes. TSRE AE uses only max speed and acceleration from the consist file.