Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trains &Trainsets for Open Rails

You don't understand...
    The file you downloaded is not an installer.
    This already is the TSRE5 executable which starts the route editor by default. The "installation" process is: Create some folder. Put the TSRE5 file you downloaded in there. Execute it. Now it downloads some more stuff, you should see this as more files and folders pop up inside this folder.
    Close the route editor. Double-click the new file Consisteditor.bat inside the folder. This will start the TSRE5 Consist Editor.

You'll probably want to clean up your desktop too, as all the downloaded TSRE5 files are probably still there from your previous attempts.

mnax45581, ok I am there that worked, I guess whenever I want to use the consisteditior, I have to go inside the TSRES folder and double click the consisteditior. So is there a reason why I'm not seeing the engines and consists already builded thats inside the consist and Trainsets folder inside my 1msts? Thanks Is there something else I need to do?. No way to make consists without those consists and trains showing up in the TSRES consist editior.
    Last edited by Maryland50+; 09-09-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland50+ View Post
    mnax45581, ok I am there that worked, I guess whenever I want to use the consisteditior, I have to go inside the TSRES folder and double click the consisteditior.
    No you don't, please read my post#25 and see illustrations.

So is there a reason why I'm not seeing the engines and consists already builded thats inside the consist and Trainsets folder inside my 1msts? Thanks Is there something else I need to do?.
    Can't help there, sorry, could be a number of things...sorry, but you're making progress.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Here is a screenshot of the consist editior when it opens, Dont see a green light to start load either. Maybe something still is not right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Maryland50+,
    Your screenshot shows the display AFTER you have pressed the green 'Load' bar. The selected MSTS/ORTS installation's TRAINS folder you have selected only seems to contain two vehicles (in TRAINSET sub-folder)) and two consists (in CONSISTS sub-folder). The screenshot is too small to see any details. The very top line will show : "TSRE5 v0.6975 Consist Editor" (or similar) followed by the path to the root folder. NOTE : the root folder is that containing the TRAINS sub-folder.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 09-09-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Maryland50+,
    Your screenshot shows the display AFTER you have pressed the green 'Load' bar. The MSTS/ORTS root folder you have selected only seems to have two vehicles and two consists. The screenshot is too small to see any details.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Next time use the Windows Snipping Tool with the mode set to "Window Snip" to get a more readable picture. Easier to read than just a full screenshot.

Could you capture just the top third and left half of the window and post that?
    Charles

So it seems the consist editor is not find your rolling stock and consists. So it is no surprise that Open rails can find it either.

So something is mis-filed, most likely. Possibly you are pointing your open rails profile to a profile that is "incomplete" for lack of a better word. Try to find the missing folders of rolling stock and consists and then put them back in the right place.

Christopher

I use the snipping tool I hope this is better. Also when I try to make a new consist and click on a engine or rolling stock it is not showing up at the bottom or the left side of the editior. Is there something that I need to check in the setting. I would not think so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland50+ View Post
    I use the snipping tool I hope this is better. Also when I try to make a new consist and click on a engine or rolling stock it is not showing up at the bottom or the left side of the editior. Is there something that I need to check in the setting. I would not think so.
    But you are obviously using the Windows Snipping Tool in the Full Screen mode and it is unreadable.

FYI you double click to enter an item into a consist. However single clicking should cause the item to appear in the item display on the right.

One suggestion: Open the file settings.txt and change the following lines under #Misc to make the graphics of the item and the consist to be easier seen.
    colorConView = #aaaa99
    colorShapeView = #aaaa99
    Charles

While you have that settings.txt file open, make sure

writeTDB = false

Doesnt win 10 have a built in print screen function? You hold down the windows key on the Keyboard and then press PRNT SCR and full sized pictures of what is on your screen go to your pictures folder?