Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still no sounds!!!!!

Default still no sounds!!!!!

ok remembering how to alias sounds from common. snd example,,,
    "..\\..\\common.snd\\rf_u23b\\SOUND\\RF_U23Bcab.sm s"
    "..\\..\\common.snd\\rf_u23b\\SOUND\\RF_U23Beng.sm s"
    entering in the ENG.... no sounds!
    moving entire folder into locomotive pack and editing ENG file,,, still no sounds!!!!!!!

Looks like you have a space in "RF_U23Bcab.sm s". It should read "RF_U23Bcab.sms". MSTS will read the line and stop reading at the RF_U23Bcab.sm and have no idea what file format that would be.

Paul :-)

nope no spaces no gaps.... i followed the instructions
    NO SOUND!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (22.6 KB, 29 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (10.0 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (48.3 KB, 21 views)

Can you back up one screen from the first one and take a screenshot of it.

Paul :-)

All the files in the folder........eng edited the way it should be... Still no sound
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (108.0 KB, 25 views)

Quote Originally Posted by PENNSYFAN View Post
    All the files in the folder........eng edited the way it should be... Still no sound

More Windows 101: We can tell more about your files, if you turn on the display of file extensions. One way to do it is to Click the view tab in Windows File Explorer then look on the right side of the View Toolbar for "File name extensions" and check the box. If the View Toolbar is not displaying, right click on the View tab and Uncheck "Minimize the Toolbar".

And we cannot tell anything about your files until you post a screenshot with the extensions displayed. Right now your
    RF_U23Bcab.sms file llke a RF_U23Bcab.txt file.
    Last edited by crstagg; 09-09-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    Charles

windows 101... really??? you have to go that route
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (99.4 KB, 22 views)

Yes, Really...Look Pennsyfan, all Charles is asking for is ALL the relevant information needed to solve your problem. No knows your skill set, how acquainted you are with the OS, the MSTS folder system, etc.,etc.
    For example....is this the complete path? C:\Games\Train Simulator\Trains\Trainset\PC_U23B\Sound
    ...and can you provide a copy of the engine file showing how the sounds are aliased in the file?

It's painfully obvious you are having problems figuring out aliasing, or perhaps have not developed the diagnostic skills required to help yourself. So, do everyone a favor and drop the attitude.

Also do yourself another favor and take the time to download some utilities to help you solve problems you may encounter...Why? because that's what we have all done...it's considerate to take the time to try to find a solution.
    Search using the name "saunders" in the FL and download and learn to use MSTS Act manager and MSTS Check...both excellent.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Pennsy,

Cool it... If you want help then please listen... I can infract you for insulting.

I am also seeing you have "RF_U23Bcab." and "RF_U23Beng " Whats comes after the dot? It looks like an TXT file to me... you need to change the file extensions like they suggested to you, to .sms

Dave Edwards

Gerry,
    He posted a snippet of the ENG file with the Sound line for the cab of "Sound (
    RF_U23Bcab.sms ) so that is correct for the configuration shown in his last graphic.

Pennsy,

Please attach your
    RF_U23Beng.sms file to your next post.

Charles