Thread: CN 418 activity on CN Ruel Subdivision

Question CN 418 activity on CN Ruel Subdivision

I wonder if anyone else here already has tried this activity, CN 418 on the route of CN Ruel Subdivision ( Trainsimulations -- payware ). I have been trouble trying to figure out which track to go around and pick up the first car then go next to another track and pick up another car in the yard. There are 4 pickups on 4 different tracks in the yard at Foleyet. I was very confused to start to have the locomotive back up after uncoupling the first car and second locomotive of the train. Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John

Imagine having to pull 70-80 cars out of each track, just to cherry pick one car from each. That's how you piss off a yard crew imo
    Rory

There are only 2 blocks to pickup there. You need to take 2 cars on one track and 5 on the other. You arent switching them in to any order, thats what yard crews are for and you are a road crew.

It doesn't matter what track you use for the power runaround, provided your caboose is past the third switch off the siding. You are off path and in manual mode for that anyway.

You have to couple the 2-car cut to the nose of your lead unit first, and then bring that over to couple onto the other cut. You couple empty bulkhead to empty bulkhead, shove forward a bit as needed to get all 7 cars in between the switches and then go to the other end, and couple the power to the cylindrical hopper, then pull forward working your way around the outer perimeter track until you make it back to your head end. Unfortunately there is not enough headroom to pull out on the far east end to clear the yard switch needed to tack the pickup on the head end of your train. You have to wait for a wb to clear the single track before you ask for permission to go through the interlocking to get your needed headroom. Back up to couple with your train, going back to auto mode once all your train is back on the siding.

The other pickups are further down the line at a sawmill.

See:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...8-slop-freight

On this run, my cab only cleared the second switch off the siding, so I was limited to the far outer perimeter track for the power runaround

Quote Originally Posted by tie View Post
    Imagine having to pull 70-80 cars out of each track, just to cherry pick one car from each. That's how you piss off a yard crew imo
    I once read an article about a yardmaster at Dearborn, Michigan's Rougemere (CSX) yard. He had to tell a road crew to cut three widely separated cars out of a long inbound train from Canada for customs purposes. At night, no less. I suppose if you can imagine it, railroaders have done it.

Uncle E
    Whatever's cold in my fridge is the Official Beer of Open Rails.