Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horseshoe Curve.....and a rant.....

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    Trainsimsulations has posted their older "retired" products on a separate page and they are still for sale:

https://www.swreg.org/com/storefront/42904/

The Norfolk Southern Horseshoe Curve Trainset is found there.
    I remember in a message they posted somewhere that they were switching their payment server service and the old pages including the retire page will no longer be available. I know people that tried to use the page you posted here and they couldn't finalize the payment. So use it at your own risk. I believe the retired items page was valid until 12/31/2018 then they switched.
    Last edited by MMSS; 09-10-2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added infomation.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    Trainsimsulations has posted their older "retired" products on a separate page and they are still for sale:

https://www.swreg.org/com/storefront/42904/

The Norfolk Southern Horseshoe Curve Trainset is found there.
    That's the first link I've found that appears to work, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak115 View Post
    That's the first link I've found that appears to work, thanks
    I'll have to correct that....it doesn't work...it says shop closed. and that's ok, now. I got the activity running and was able to run Open Rails with the stock I was able to download here and there. Would it have been easier...sure, but I was able to figure out alot about how activities work again. Was I concerned about the level of detail provided in the package. If my goal to to "Collect" accurate representation of every locomotive I used, then maybe it was better I didn't get the pack. In either case, and my point was I got the pack running. The fact that someone created models and skins back a few years ago, but for some reason or another are withholding that just doesn't seem right. Don't get me wrong, I want to compensate an author for his work....After all these years. $20 bucks for something that has probably been superseded by another author seems a bit excessive. I'm not just picking on SLI, there are others, but it was a rant. I'm working to figure out how to "modify" routes using TSRE5, Create routes use TSRE5 and look forward to future release of Open Rails. What I believed happened to MSTS, was the push for multiplayer....caused the cost for development to exceed what MS wanted to put in the product. 3dTrainStuff, went ahead and built Run-8 which I looked into, but I'm not interested in "multiplayer"...I have a number of projects from way back when till now.....SP Lafayette Sub Division....(Running Sunset limited out of NOUPT over the Huey P Bridge would be awesome..., Trinity Railway Express, Dallas to Ft Worth....probably my first crack at route design...mainly because it's straight....and it's local to me., anyway....rant part due..over.....I posted a video in the Open Rails screen shot forum of a run across Horseshoe Curve. And as one of my favorite YouTube creators says...This is Amtrak115 ....Out.

Official notification that came during the Dec '18 holiday sales email.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Official notification that came during the Dec '18 holiday sales email.

Thanks. I knew I read it like I posted below. Thank for posting this.
    - Mark -