Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro North Activity Stops before GCT

Default Metro North Activity Stops before GCT

Hello all. I am having an issue getting trains into and out of Grand Central Terminal. Leaving GCT the system gets "Jittery" but manages to carry on, by that I mean the screen flickers but it does not affect the Frame-Rate for the train.

Going into GCT is not possible, or is it? The screen image stops just before entering the Ladder Tracks with all greens showing in game and on the Monitor. This is within the 10mph section and before the group of signals.

I seem to remember a posting about GCT having some signal/switch issues and it was solved I think.
    I did a search here and found nothing pertaining to my issue except for the "Track-Node" issue. I am using the latest Scale Rail & X-Tracks. Everything works fine up to that point. I have included the OR Log from today, mentioning "Nodes".
    OpenRailsLog.zip

Don, looked at the log...could be the missing sounds are causing the problem, I would fix those and try again.
    I'm not familiar with the route, so it's very possible it is something else, but OR will have problems when sound errors pile up.
    The "nodes" warnings pops up in all sorts of older routes, not so much in newer ones, never seems an issue to me.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry, I will try that later.

Try decreasing the Viewing distance.
    Charles

[
    Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Try decreasing the Viewing distance.
    I tried this and also Gerry's suggestion, still stops at the same spot, just upon entering GCT. The Turnout Matrix is just ahead, could this be part of the Track Node issue?
    I have included today's Log File.
    OpenRailsLog (2).zip

The error seems to be to be with rolling stock, maybe a loose consist in the station ahead?
    Also I'd look into spawn time on AI. See if the error occurs at the same time. If so it would indicate a problem with a particular consist used for AI traffic train.
    There are lots of clues in the error log which all seem to refer to rolling stock.

Code:
    ........\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\TrainCar.cs:line 332
    The timing of the error (in the activity) or lock-up is important

oh, and by the way; you have performance tuner turned on. I've see that option cause problems for the user that doesn't understand exactly what it does and the visual effects it produces. Probably has nothing to do with the lick-up but just something to re-think.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is probably an activity I did about 10 years ago. This was made originally for MSTS but for some reason never worked well with open rails.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Some of these older activities and routes seem to give OR hicups from time to time. I will investigate further based on what Vince has said as well. I will look at the AI's again and see if anything is out of place.

Vince, where would I look to find that "RollingStocks\TrainCar.cs:line 332"?

Thanks.

There seems to be a maybe newly introduced bug in Open Rails here. I'll contact the author of this part of code.
    BTW "RollingStocks\TrainCar.cs:line 332" refers to the Open Rails source code, which may be downloaded from here https://github.com/openrails/openrails .
    At the moment I'd suggest Don to try with the "Testing" release of Open Rails. That one should at least avoid this problem.
    Last edited by csantucci; 09-12-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Don,
    That's just a pointer to the Open Rails code, not something you'd need unless you know the OR internal code.

What you should look for is any spawn time of AI that happens at the time the error or lock-up occurs. For that you'll need to use the Activity Editor, either the MSTS editor or the new TSRE editor.

The 'shotgun' approach would be to eliminate ALL AI traffic and see if it fails. Any AI starting at the time of the error is suspect.

I remember that back in the day one of the default activities on the default NEC failed a minute or so after the activity started which turned out to be an AI starting too close to a end-of-track bumper, hits said bumper and derailed, ending the activity.
    Others with sharp memories will remember that one as it was a bitch to solve.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"