Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TS2020 Announced.

They don't have the skills or railway knowledge Sean. Not even for any sort of realism for UK railways.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

If this thing is all so horrible for so long why in heavens name have you all not abandoned this completely and found something else to do with your lives? You obviously don't enjoy it so why don't you just move on? There must be something in your lives besides a silly simulator or are they that empty.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz456 View Post
    If this thing is all so horrible for so long why in heavens name have you all not abandoned this completely and found something else to do with your lives? You obviously don't enjoy it so why don't you just move on? There must be something in your lives besides a silly simulator or are they that empty.
    And one of the fan boys has joined the conversation! WELCOME! I hope most here respect your opinion and that you respect ours. All sims have their flaws. Most of us will probably admit it. TS has it's drawbacks, but looks like for many of us the plus side slightly outweighs the negative and for some not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn....
    It would appear that DTG have just discovered computer-graphics!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    It would appear that DTG have just discovered computer-graphics!
    Yeah but not 2019 computer graphics, Bruce.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by buzz456 View Post
    Not horrible, just flawed. The heady days of the routes by Keith Ross (2 x WCML, Port Road etc.) are well and truly in the past and, as Shortliner stated earlier, they need to start working on the other simulation aspects. DTG are not alone in this, N3V are also obsessed with graphics and "glitz", the difference being Trainz has a somewhat more useable route/layout editor in Surveyor than the one built into TS2019/TS2020/Railworks.

DTG also seem torn between serving two masters, this legacy sim which dates from 2007 and their new(ish) Train Sim World, where promises of editors etc. are already somewhat stretched.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    And one of the fan boys has joined the conversation! WELCOME! I hope most here respect your opinion and that you respect ours. All sims have their flaws. Most of us will probably admit it. TS has it's drawbacks, but looks like for many of us the plus side slightly outweighs the negative and for some not by much.
    I tell you what there are about 7000 plus what you call fanboys on Steam than about 20 grumpy old men on here, and I am proud to say that I'm one of the 7000 plus.:
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    .... I am proud to say that I'm one of the 7000 plus.:
    Everyone is entitled to be proud about something which has happened in their lives.
    Kiwis don't have much to choose from, so good for you, mate!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

We have plenty to be proud of. V8 Super Cars the 2 best drivers. Best Rugby team. Best at the Americas Cup. Proud of not to have snakes in NZ. Better Scenery and Ski Fields than Aussie. etc.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Best rugby union team in the world by a mile.