Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: TS2020 Announced.

I did say "dumbed down" Vern.

N3V are the same, although Trainz AI and signal logic is a bit smarter than TS20xx & TSW.

But still loads of essential features missing to elevate it from a game to a simulator.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Out of curiosity, downloaded the update last night - what a waste of time!

With all the programming talent DTG have (!) and all the long standing bugs to fix, the best they can do is a few gimmicky and pointless entry level paint programme graphics effects.

Within 5 mins I was back to driving Big Mack towards Colorado Springs.
    Vern.

Not remotely tempted here Vern.

The only one i have any time for is DRS.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Out of curiosity, downloaded the update last night - what a waste of time!

With all the programming talent DTG have (!) and all the long standing bugs to fix, the best they can do is a few gimmicky and pointless entry level paint programme graphics effects.

Within 5 mins I was back to driving Big Mack towards Colorado Springs.
    Vern, not meant as an insults towards you, but, um.... DTG has talented programmers? You're joking right? I passed on the update. Unless the darn thing somehow updates while I'm off line from Steam and within the sim itself, I should be able to continue with 2019.

The NS route would have been the only item I would have been interested in and honestly what's the point? I have the engines, the freight cars I have a million times over in other DTG routes and obtained DLC, the building are probably the basic default stuff, probably have the track used as well. Just give me the route without the crap I all ready have. (I know, it'll never happen)

Vern, not meant as an insults towards you, but, um.... DTG has talented programmers? You're joking right?
    I was being somewhat ironic (hence the !) but really, it does beg the question as to the thought processes between the people with the vision and the people doing the coding when a highlight of taking the sim forward is a function to distort the image so it looks like an old CRT screen. So I'm with you 100%. There is some good stuff in there back from the heady days of 5 or 6 years ago when we saw the likes of WCML and Woodhead released or even more recently the 1950's era Riviera Line. But most of this is the work of third parties (like Keith Ross) who seem to have slipped away from the scene.
    Vern.

If you read what sounds like exasperation from Pete (Victory Works).

In his dealings with DTG, in a post on uktwaddlesim.

You can understand why other third party creators, may have drifted away.

Mike.

Just read that post - ouch! But says it all about the mindset at DTG, maybe the rose tinted ones over at RWA also need to be redirected to see the warts and all side of dealing with DTG...

https://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewto...d=a&start=1455
    Vern.

Yup some people need to take off the rose tinted glasses, in regards DTG.

Mike.

Yeah, these fanbois need to keep their opinions to themselves, mouthing off on various forums, without us veterans who have been playing this game, and buying DLC, since Kuju days in 2007 they wouldn't have a game today, they all conveniently forget that.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Well said Steve.

Mike.