Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Piracy?

Default Possible Piracy?

Hi everyone, I've noticed the recent uploads of supposedly Indian military freight loads appear to be Robert Murphy's DODX freight cars. There is no mentioning of the original creator anywhere in the readme files.

These files are rip offs of Mr. Murphy's files and should be pulled out of respect for the original author.

The files in question are,

MSTS/OR Indian Army Tanks Pack

MSTS/OR Indian_military_trucks pack.

Robert

Report to Nels. If Nels would have find the actual person's member name, he could issue a ban on that person.. Will try to track down on who he is.
    Dave Edwards

There appears to be no modifications to the original files either, except the addition of "readme" files pointing to the uploader. Some things never change, especially theivery. Since when do Indian military stock carry Dept of Defense reporting marks...LOL
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Dave, I reported to Nels after I made the post. I was just hoping someone else could confirm my findings. Always nice to have more than one person confirm that there is indeed piracy taking place.

Robert

Files are removed.....so ure set!
    Dave Edwards

This can be locked.

Robert

Point of order...

Not giving proper credit for someone else's work is rude, and against our community standards.

It's not piracy, though. Piracy involves theft.

This is plagiarism.

Footage of Indian Railway hauling tanks.... Don't recall any flats in the library that look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdxF4qUEd_o
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

A little surprised about all this fuss about a few flatcars. Years ago someone brought out a route that was loaded with objects from the library. Most of the buildings were drawn by myself and ere in the library for anyone to use. In his credits, he only thanked the four people who were involved in New Roads. I asked about this and not giving anyone else credit for their work and was told he didn't have to, only New Roads demanded written credit. Not one person in the group backed me up.

Paul

He probably only read and understood this part of the original readme:
    "You are permitted to distribute this archive subject to the following conditions,

- No charge may be made for this archive.

- Basically, you can do anything you want with it, as long as you don't make money with it. If you do, then feel free to send all the money you earn directly to me."
    Jim