Thread: i Found a NS Radio Controlled Boxcar

Question i Found a NS Radio Controlled Boxcar

i found one of these cars but what can i do with a Radio Controlled Box Car ?

how do this car looks like one from the 90's

Those cars were equipped with radio control technology to control a set of mid train helper locomotives. The ATSF, Canadian Pacific, Southern/NS all experimented with radio controlled mid train helpers. This was before modern computer technology. Southern Ry pioneered this technology from the 1960's onward.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussi....php?2,1870279

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Those cars were equipped with radio control technology to control a set of mid train helper locomotives. The ATSF, Canadian Pacific, Southern/NS all experimented with radio controlled mid train helpers. This was before modern computer technology. Southern Ry pioneered this technology from the 1960's onward.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussi....php?2,1870279

Robert

I've Tryed to add a Boxcar on in between my trains a year ago with 2 D9-40CWs with a K5 Nathan Series
    but my train i ran was on the Cajon pass between Barstow,CA and San Berdeno,CA the Last Half Derails of the Train
    i was like Why did this happen

i wold diverge to West Colton,CA but the Train Derails Suddenly but i was the Smart one and to THrow it
    into emerency i think it had 100 Some cars on it but idk

Thanks Robert for the Info

Sounds like a physics issue. Might need to tweak the coupling parameters or bounding box of the radio control car. It's a very old model. ATSF had remote control cars made from F/ B units. There are some in the file library here.

Robert