Thread: GTA v1.6 upgrade - corrupt world file

Default GTA v1.6 upgrade - corrupt world file

Good day all, I have a V 1.6 upgrade for the GTA that has a corrupt world file. Top part of file is uncompressed, then farther down it looks like this. Wondering if anybody has any thoughts or knows of this issue. Condensed part of the file, w-011218+014516.w.

Mike

Static (
    UiD ( 2674 )
    FileName ( RetWall.s )
    Position ( -732.714 81.9595 943.791 )
    QDirection ( -0.011078 0.825447 -0.01621 0.564138 )
    VDbId ( 4294967295 )
    )
    Static (
    UiD ( 3940 )
    FileName ( Go_Sign_Exhibition.s )
    StaticFlags ( 00050000 )
    Position ( -757.393 83.6123 952.247 )
    QDirection ( 0 -0.593067 0 0.805153 )
    VDbId ( 4294967293 )
    )
    Static (
    ऀऀ唀椀䐀 ⠀ ㌀㤀㐀㄀ ⤀ഀ਀ ऀ䘀椀氀攀一愀洀攀 ⠀ 䜀伀开䘀 渀挀攀⸀猀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ匀琀愀琀椀 挀䘀氀愀最猀 ⠀    㔀     ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ倀漀猀椀琀椀漀渀 ⠀ ⴀ㘀㜀 ⸀㘀㌀㘀 㠀㌀⸀ 㤀㈀㠀  ㄀  ㌀⸀㐀㄀ ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ儀䐀 爀攀挀琀椀漀渀 ⠀  ⸀  ㄀㐀 㐀㌀㘀  ⸀㠀㈀㜀㠀㄀㐀  ⸀   ㈀㄀㜀㌀㤀㐀  ⸀㔀㘀 㤀㤀㜀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ嘀䐀戀䤀搀 ⠀ 㐀㈀㤀 㤀㘀㜀㈀㤀㌀ ⤀ഀ਀ऀ⤀ഀ਀ऀ匀 琀愀琀椀挀 ⠀ഀ਀ऀऀ唀椀䐀 ⠀ ㈀㐀㈀㘀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ䘀椀氀攀一愀 攀 ⠀ 戀椀最开眀愀爀攀栀漀甀猀 攀㈀⸀猀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ匀琀愀琀椀挀 氀愀最猀 ⠀    ㄀      ഀ਀ऀऀ倀漀猀椀琀椀漀渀 ⠀ ⴀ 㘀㜀㤀⸀㐀㌀ 㠀㘀 㘀㤀㠀⸀㘀㜀  ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ儀䐀椀爀攀挀琀椀漀渀 ⠀    ⸀㄀㠀㈀㈀㌀㔀     ⸀㤀㠀㌀㈀㔀㔀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ嘀䐀戀 搀 ⠀ 㐀㈀㤀㐀㤀㘀㜀㈀㤀㔀 ⤀ ਀ऀ⤀ഀ਀ऀ匀琀愀琀椀挀 ⠀ഀ਀ ऀऀ唀椀䐀 ⠀ ㈀㐀㈀㈀ ⤀ഀ਀ ऀ䘀椀氀攀一愀洀攀 ⠀ 戀椀最开 愀爀攀栀漀甀猀攀㄀⸀猀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀ ऀ匀琀愀琀椀挀䘀氀愀最猀 ⠀    ㄀     ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ倀漀猀椀 椀漀渀 ⠀ ⴀ㔀㤀 ⸀㈀㘀㜀 㠀 㤀 㠀㜀㜀⸀㐀㐀㔀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ儀 椀爀攀挀琀椀漀渀 ⠀    ⸀㄀ 㔀 㤀    ⸀㤀㠀 㜀㠀㔀 ⤀ ഀ਀ऀऀ嘀䐀戀䤀搀 ⠀ 㐀㈀㤀㐀 㘀㜀㈀㤀㔀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀ⤀ഀ਀ऀ匀琀 琀椀挀 ⠀ഀ਀ऀऀ唀椀䐀 ⠀ ㈀ 㐀㈀㄀ ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ䘀椀氀攀一愀洀  ⠀ 戀椀最开眀愀爀攀栀漀甀猀攀 ⸀猀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ匀琀愀琀椀挀䘀氀 愀最猀 ⠀    ㄀     ⤀ ਀ऀऀ倀漀猀椀琀椀漀渀 ⠀ ⴀ㐀  ⸀㐀㄀㐀 㠀㠀⸀㤀 㤀㈀ 㤀㔀 ㌀⸀㤀 㜀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ儀䐀椀爀攀 琀椀漀渀 ⠀    ⸀㄀㤀㔀 㤀    ⸀㤀㠀 㜀㠀㔀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ 嘀䐀戀䤀搀 ⠀ 㐀㈀㤀㐀㤀㘀㜀㈀ 㔀 ⤀ഀ਀ऀ⤀ഀ਀ऀ匀琀愀琀椀挀 ⠀ഀ਀ऀऀ唀椀䐀 ⠀ ㈀㐀㈀   ⤀ഀ਀ऀऀ䘀椀氀攀一愀洀攀 ⠀  椀最开眀愀爀攀栀漀甀猀攀㄀⸀猀  ഀ਀ऀऀ匀琀愀琀椀挀䘀氀愀最猀  ⠀ 

Did you send an email to Maple Leaf Tracks and am sure that they will help you with this?

John

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRam View Post
    Good day all, I have a V 1.6 upgrade for the GTA that has a corrupt world file. Top part of file is uncompressed, then farther down it looks like this. Wondering if anybody has any thoughts or knows of this issue. Condensed part of the file, w-011218+014516.w.
    v1.6 Upgrade? I thought that the GTA route was only up to V1.5 with the upgrade. Is this something new?

Oh, my bad. That is with the Ed's Trains update. I would get in touch with them there. Maybe they can help you with the problem. My update from then installed just fine.
    Last edited by MMSS; 09-20-2019 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    - Mark -

Yes, its the update from Ed's Trains. Back when it first came out I contacted Ed and was told to contact Andy Hockin. I have US3ed the route and this .w file wont do anything in Route_Riter etc. and I can't tell if there are any track shapes. I was also told that it works ok in the sim. I need to fix it somehow, if possible. Thanks for the replies,

Mike

Mike, I've beat the hell out of this once before. There doesn't appear to be any known "fix" unless the creator has a backup of the file that is not corrupted?

Robert

Hey Robert, ya Andy Hockin is the only one that can do anything about it, if he can. Tried to find a way to contact him but no luck. I was hoping that there might have been a way to uncompress the rest of it. I guess not, it still works so I hear. My machine finally blew up so cant run anything. Just working on routes on my old piece of crap laptop. Ha thanks for your reply bud,

Mike

I also have those upgrades for the GTA Route and the route itself works fine as can be expected. RR does throw up some warnings in weird places with this route.

It seems that it had problems right out of the box, but only if you look for them. Trying to get in touch with the Authors of some of these older routes is impossible, they have left the hobby or are on to other endeavors.

Mike -- You can contact Ian Dodd at the site of Maple Leaf Tracks. He is the sole owner of this site now and Andy is out of the picture with this.

Try this link below:

http://www.mapleleaftracks.com/Store/

if you don't have the link above.

Hope this will help you with this.

John

9. Default

Already sorted this out John.
    Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.torontomainlinetrains.ca
    www.mapleleaftracks.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains
    Subscribe Youtube
    Like Us On Facebook
    Follow Us On Twitter

Good to know about this already sorted out.

John