Thread: Amtrak Eastern long-distance upgrades

Default Amtrak Eastern long-distance upgrades

Anderson still doesn't have my trust, but I"ll consider this somewhat a step in the right direction.

• 25 Viewliner II sleepers rolling out
    • Flexible dining service spreading to all eastern routes
    • Amfleet II coach cars refreshed
    • Upgraded features in the original Viewliners
    • From the flexible dining service, the Silver Star gets it's dining car back next year

The amfleet II refresh looks slightly different from the amfleet I's refresh. I hope the flexible dining service is just another option to how we dine along with traditional dining. I was on the Crescent 8 years ago down to New Orleans, and I liked what I picked out of the traditional menu.

https://www.railwayage.com/news/amtr...rain-upgrades/
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

My problem with the "flexible dining service" is that it is all prepared meals, and just heated up in the convection oven. The Burger is gone.....

I wonder what they're going to do for this 'exclusive lounge' for the sleeping car passengers. Maybe reserve half the café/lounge car for sleeping car passengers only? Or possibly a separate car? I don't think they'd do the latter, but.
    Maybe we'll get a return of the sleeper-lounge cars! (Joking, obviously.)

Just so long as your "refresh" doesn't fit the type of seats our new Hitachi Class 800/801/802 etc. trains have here in the UK. Like sitting on a bloody ironing board!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    I wonder what they're going to do for this 'exclusive lounge' for the sleeping car passengers. Maybe reserve half the café/lounge car for sleeping car passengers only?
    From what I understand, is that the Dining car will be for Sleeping Car passengers only. Coach passenger will only have the Grill/Lounge car to procure food during their Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak115 View Post
    From what I understand, is that the Dining car will be for Sleeping Car passengers only. Coach passenger will only have the Grill/Lounge car to procure food during their Journey.
    Oh, well, THAT sucks... I always enjoyed getting a meal from the dining car over the overpriced gas station fare of the Café car... Well, dang.