Thread: USA_NCR3 Route Question Please?

Default USA_NCR3 Route Question Please?

Hi everybody.

Have downloaded the above Route & have been running it in Explore Mode foe a couple of Hours.

Looks interesting, However, there are no signals Displayed!!! Any suggestions Please.

Think this One mignt be to adventureous for me,

Many Thanks

Paul.

Paul,

May I ask you what is your question about USA_NCR3 Route?

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
    Paul posted :
    there are no signals Displayed!!!

I don't have the route myself, but think he means that the route isn't signalled (but I could be wrong!), and asking if there's anything he can do about it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi everybody.

Have downloaded the above Route & have been running it in Explore Mode foe a couple of Hours.

Looks interesting, However, there are no signals Displayed!!! Any suggestions Please.

Think this One mignt be to adventureous for me,

Many Thanks

Paul.
    Bub, (I'm calling everybody "Bub" now...) you gotta read the "Readmes" and other instructions that come with routes..

North Coast Railroad v3.0

Description:
    This route is based on a railway in Northern California, the Northwestern Pacific Railroad, which was operated by the North Coast Railroad in its final years. This line connected the San Francisco Bay area with the Northern California city of Eureka. The line primarily hauled freight, especially timber products, though some passenger excursion trains passed through. The line operated until 1998, when flooding washed out several sections of track. For a history of the railroad companies that operated in the area, read "NCR_History.txt."

This MSTS route contains the track starting from the south at Willits and ending north beyond the city of Eureka. Willits has a yard and engine facilities. These yards are an interchange point, and the California Western Railroad (Skunk Train) uses the station for its excursion trains. The southern stretch of the route passes through rugged, scenic sections of canyon. The tracks closely follow the Eel River for many miles between Farley to the south and Fernbridge to the north. In the northern stretch of the route, the canyon widens and the tracks pass a number of towns as they approach Eureka. Highway 101 follows the tracks here. A short branch line extends from the mainline at Alton to reach a lumber mill at Carlotta, and the Pacific Lumber Company operates a spur from Carlotta to Yager Camp. Eureka contains a yard and engine facilities. North of Eureka, the tracks curve around Humboldt Bay to reach the small city of Arcata. From there, separate branches head towards the sand dunes of Samoa and the redwoods of Korbel. The entire trackage of the Arcata & Mad River Railroad, a logging shortline that traveled northwest from Arcata to a mill at Korbel, is included in the route.

In total, the main line in the route is about 161 miles. The entire stretch of track that the North Coast Railroad operated on is modeled. As in the prototype, there are no signals along the route.
    <<My emphasis ... and if you like it, there is an update USA_NCR32. It is an enjoyable route and quite true to the actual "feel" of the northern coast of California. I've set it up as a "mini-route" profile in OR, using all BLW_ZT equipment -- Western Pacific, Northern Pacific and SP...not prototypical.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 09-21-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi All, thanks for replies.

Nothing in search files matches USA_NCR32, using all search options and wild cards reveals "nothing found"

Thanks

Paul.

Its ncr32.zip
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Paul,
    I don't know how you're using the search option, but the file you need is : ncr32.zip
    (I selected 'Routes' and put *ncr32*.zip into the file search box)

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT - Sorry, Derek, you just beat me to it

Hi Derek & Ged, thanks for replies.

Now have the Updated Route.

Many thanks

Paul.