Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DARv3 Progress

Paul,

Have you looked at Open Railway Maps (openrailwaymaps.org). There is a good representation of Cornwallis( attached). Perhaps it will help.

Walked a bit of the DAR (now Annapolis Trailway) last October.
    Cornwallis.jpg
    Russ G

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce

Hi Russ,

I've not seen these maps before, I'll have to have a look. Just wondering if they are old, I see they show the buildings which would be a big help.

I did build Cornwallis as I remember it, using Google Earth. In the upper photo my barracks are the closest to the tracks at the bottom. The train would stop at the station and you could only get on or off if you were in uniform... Canadian uniform preferred!

Paul :-)

Interesting looking site, maps from around the wold, could be fun just looking around. The address didn't work as there is no s in "map":

https://www.openrailwaymap.org

Thanks Russ.

Another 2000 feet of Water Street in Yarmouth pretty much completed. This brings me to the CN/DAR interchange yard, nearing the end of DAR trackage, and about a mile from the end of the route. The downtown core is completed and the majority of structure remaining are houses...

Stunning Paul ! The DAR is still one of my favorite routes in my collection to run.
    - Mark -

You have a great talent! Your stuff is exceptional!
    CG

Paul,

I am glad to see that you have been able to extend the finished part of the route farther to the east through Yarmouth. It looks to be progressing well and I look forward to seeing how everything turns out. As Mark said, for me it also is one of my favorite routes.
    Paul

Drew the MV Bluenose that ran between Bar Harbour ME and Yarmouth NS from the late '50s to the early '80s. 346 x 65 feet, 2857 ploygons.

Didn't Stan Rodgers write a song about that ship? It might have been someone else with more local fame, but I'm positive there is a song.
    It looks like it was worthy of one too. As is your work on it . . .
    Christopher

Had to look that one up Chris! Stan Rogers Bluenose song is about the Schooner Bluenose, not the ferry!