Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DARv3 Progress

First run of a Canadian National RSC-24 using trackage rights in Middleton. CN had 4 RSC-24s made, 1802 was destroyed in a head on accident in Quebec in 1969 and the other three were transferred to Halifax where the served until they were retired in the mid 1970s. Built by Montreal Locomotive Works with A1A trucks and 1400 horsepower, the four were unique to the Canadian National.

Paul :-)

Paul,
    Looks like they were well-suited for the DAR.
    Anxiously awaiting to run the low end.
    Russ G

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce

Funny looking stubby locomotive, isn't it! I remember first seeing it in the pages of Trains Magazine. Back in the day when David P. Morgan was editor.
    Christopher

The frame is the same 41 feet that an RS-23 is made on, it looks like they just out a 30 inch short hood on one end with the electrical cabinet and moved the cab up 30 inches.

The units ran between Bridgewater on the east side of Nova Scotia, across the province to Middleton, and then crossed the DAR and served a distillery in Bridgetown.

And then there were three!

WOW! Paul, those look great. The first time I saw one they were fresh "out of service" at the Moncton Shops were I worked. Truly a unique and strange looking locomotive!

Used between Bridgewater and Bridgetown during the era I modeled the DAR in, so would be the power on the CN trains that came into Middleton.