Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PGP - Pinnacle Game Controller - Win10

I've thought about buying the Raildriver, but eventually gave up on the idea.

Using my joypad instead of a keyboard is good enough for me.

Some time ago I did see a video on YT. Some Russian guy created a realistic control stand of a Soviet diesel locomotive and used it for playing MSTS. These days you van make anything with a 3D printer and good electronics skills (both of which I lack, unfortunately).
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Hi Folks,

Happy to help...

Yeah - not a fan of Rail Driver - think it had something to do with - when originally released - it was screen scraping the appropriate values off the displayed text values on the screen... That and I use numerous sims - so it wouldn’t really work for me...

I’ve been trying to champion a cause for full Direct-X support for joysticks in ORTS... Then - instead of emulating keystrokes - the Sim is aware of the actual positions of the joysticks... So if you open a throttle 20% - the sim knows it’s open 20% and can react accordingly - which is what our flight sims have been doing since day one... A much better way of doing things and we would no longer need the intermediate software...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may be old topic but what's worse new topic people telling you search forums or asking on a existing topic?

On topic I have tried JoytoKey 2 years ago an am trying at it again an am tired of searching google for solutions an ask... How does one calibrate the Throttle, Independent-Train Brakes for this like raildriver where it plays along with volts an percentages to the exact gradual or notch state you want instead of by the clicks via maybe potentiometer type? I want to be able to calibrate by percentage but not by the keystroke. Windows calibrates it well but no way to assign the key in windows for ORTS.

I have bought tried 5 different joystick emulator chips.

Maybe ORTS like what I hear TS20xx an other sims can do is calibrate what lever is what instead of searching for raildriver in order to show calibration options?

Did you look in (search) the Open Rails Manual?

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Did you look in (search) the Open Rails Manual?

regards,
    No Sir never found it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by UP_4848_Thunder View Post
    No Sir never found it in there.
    Hi...

I’ve been using Joy2Key quite extensively - to the best of my knowledge - I don’t think you can do what you mention.

Joy2Key is simply a keystroke emulator - there is no interaction between the Sim and Joy2Key.

I get a little fancy with my steam locomotives where I have it increment brakes a certain number of times - then return to lap on a subsequent press - but they’re just keystroke macros. It’s still just sending a given quantity of different keystrokes. The controller sections of my ENG files need to be set the same for this to work.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott.

No worries I will figure it out even though J2Key says they trying to develop something similar. There's plenty more software/hardware's to try out as well as solutions.