Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monon-2 errors in Route Riter

Default Monon-2 errors in Route Riter

Re-installed the route after having lost in in a drive crash, but think that I borked something up, as RR reports these errors.

Not sure how I can fix them. They are all in the GLOBAL/SHAPES folder.

Code:
    a1t1000r10d.s appears to be a Track or Road section being used as a Static shape
    a1t1000r1d.s appears to be a Track or Road section being used as a Static shape
    a1t1000r5d.s appears to be a Track or Road section being used as a Static shape
    a1t2000r1d.s appears to be a Track or Road section being used as a Static shape
    a1t250r10d.s appears to be a Track or Road section being used as a Static shape
    a1tpnt3dblftmnl.s appears to be a Track or Road section being used as a Static shape

Use TSRE5's ROute Editor

Is there some dummy track in the route? That would be a legit reason for track shapes to be used as static objects

@ebner, I have no idea about the dummy tracks.

@Boat, RR is the only route editor software that I have, or ever will, use.

Track or Road section being used as a Static Shape...is one of the more common entries in the OR log...never seems to be a problem, although I often wondered what the purpose was...it is not used in the newest routes made for OR...so maybe there was some purpose for MSTS? Curious to know?
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Sounds like a holdover from the 'dummy track segments' underneath 'dummy car strings' days. Probably needed at the time to lighten the MSTS load, but unnecessary in Open Rails. In current times, who doesn't want all tracks to be live and all car stings to be capable of coupling and movement?

Not using Open Rails.

Quote Originally Posted by dredick View Post
    Not using Open Rails.
    HatTip.jpg No problem with that, Darrin. Have fun and keep those trains movin'. I saw the thread, and had seen the same thing pop up in the OR logs, thought it must be one of those clever workarounds used for MSTS...never knew...learn something new all the time, enjoy. (didn't mean anything by barging in on an MSTS thread)
    Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thing is, Gerry, is that I don't ever remember having this error before on this route when I had it installed previously.

Now, I did do a Google search on one of the lines, and it brought me to a thread on Otto's Wupper Express route, but I never saw a solution in that thread, for whatever reason.

I've not tried to run the route quite yet, as it took me some time to compile all of the necessary rolling stock, plus I still want to swap out some of the default cars for better ones.

Within the route folder there is another folder called DOCS, inside that folder is two more folders called missing shapes. These are to be added to your global folder and route folder. Did you install those?
    Jim