Thread: Marias Pass Route stops at Java

Default Marias Pass Route stops at Java

I get 2 red lights and trains will not move beyond this point. Noon Mixed Freight and Introductory Train Ride both act this way.
    Tried to upload but your site says it is TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by DicksTrains View Post
    .....your site says it is TOO BIG
    Tried to upload what....the Rot file?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I take it that Rot means route. Which version of Marias Pass are you using?. What file is too big to upload?. If it is the log file, zip it first.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Default Yes, Rot should have been Route

I have attached a Log file. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This line from the log:
    Warning: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\USA2\Marias.tdb' is denied. Cannot get MD5 check of TDB file, use NA instead but server may not connect you
    All Program Files folders are Windows protected. It appears you have run into a security issue.
    Your installation in these folders will always give you problems.

The solution lies here.
    The instructions for Win7 or XP apply to Win8. WinME & Win10

This will solve your 'access denied' problems.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thank you Vince for moving me towards a solution. So far I’ve been told that I don’t know how to spell and that I don’t know how to read the instructions. That’s not exactly the question that I asked.
    You have been the only one to have made a suggestion of the right direction to go in. I haven’t done it yet but I am about to embark on a journey that may call for the gnashing of teeth LOL.
    This suggestion that you gave me really seems to make sense and I’m hoping that’ll resolve some other issues. Thanks again for your help.
    I am wondering if you have ever been involved in “Trainz”. I played with that one for a while and it didn’t work out.
    Dick

You're welcome Dick . . . you'll never hear a spelling lesson from me as I know there a many non-english speaking folks here.
    As far as your spelling . . . it's more subtle than spelling where your terminology for fail areas needs to be precise for proper problem resolution. It wasn't a question of your spelling but an attempt to clarify just what you were attempting to upload which was not clear to me either.
    If you attempted to upload (attach) the OR log just what you were uploading (the log). Most of us here are terrible at guessing the meaning of a post. BTW, many thanks for at least making an attempt to attach the log. It greatly makes solving problems easier. If only ALL requests for help did what you tried to do would go a long way to quicker fixed.

Re, Trainz; I tried it and dumped it many years ago.
    With the amount of add-on equipment, routes and superior physics on MSTS and now Open Rails along with an excellent editor, TSRE5, staying with MSTS and now OR and all the add-on's was a no-brainer.

Trainz seemed like a table top set of toy trains.
    I love the community approach here (which probably annoys the payware industry to no end).

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"