Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RF&P 2 Trackside Signals

Default RF&P 2 Trackside Signals

Hello, I have a question about replacing the Signal Shapes in a Route, specifically RF&P at this time. The ones used look like the Japanese ones and I would like to change them to a more NA looking version. Is it possible to just replace the Shape and Texture files without disturbing the Signal Functionality? Or are they incorporated in the Track Data-Base or other function that should not be disturbed? Can Route Righter do this?

You would probably have to delete them manually and replace them with something better. Depending on what you're looking to replace them with, I might have a signal type you're interested in

I am used to seeing the typical Round Searchlight Type seen all over the US and Canada. Newer replacements have seen a variety of styles.
    Can it be done by just changing the Shape & Texture files? Will the Signal Scripts have to be changed as well? I downloaded the "upgrade from here in the F/L for the Japanese-style ones and will see what that does.
    Thank you for this, and yes I would be interested in what you may have.

You couldn't use the shape of a searchlight with the Japanese scripts, since the lights will be in the wrong spots. I can see about sending a preview shape or two, since I have a couple styles done

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    You couldn't use the shape of a searchlight with the Japanese scripts, since the lights will be in the wrong spots. I can see about sending a preview shape or two, since I have a couple styles done
    What about transferring the needed files from say, original NEC or Marias Pass? I know I am reaching, but trying to learn about some more new things. Does the script only affect how the lamps function or their placement as well in the route? I have tried searching for some other answers but can only come up with New Installations for New-Builds.

Thank you again.

The most basic way to put it is: the sigcfg.dat file determines what a signal shows, while the sigscr.dat file determines when to show it. The sim doesn't actually know where the lens area on a signal shape is, so if you retrofit a sigcfg from a different system, the lights will still be in the same spots as the old system the file came from. Your best bet is to either wait for me to come up with an RF&P signal system (which shouldn't take too long, or just use Hank Sundermeyer's signal system, which is actually pretty similar to what RFP really used

I have those downloaded as well as yours. You mean the "Colorlight Type-D Signals" from him for BNSF?

I will have a go and see what happens. If you are workling a new RF&P system I will wait a bit. Thank you so much for that information, it helps me to place where what goes and what it does.

I just thought of something I did the other day while testing a set. I just tried to swap a signal shape without removing the signal first, and badly corrupted a test route. So if you want to replace the signals safely, remove all the old ones first.

I can probably have a set done in a week or two (work is a little hectic right now), but the set of Hank's I was referring to is:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ht&fid=2344956

I have the ones from the F/L here, that address goes nowhere, but thanks anyway.

Page Not Found

The page that you have requested was not found. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

I will wait for the ones you are working on, a couple of weeks is not a problem. I will remind you. LOL

When building the route I think I used Japanese signals on the Metro lines and USA2 signals on the CSX tracks. To my untutored eye they look similar.

I'm rebuilding the route and extending it to Richmond and will have to install the signals again, so if there are better signal to use when I do that (next year?) I could install those instead. You might need to remind me. I'm keeping the route set in 2002. There are different signals in different places on CSX nowadays.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com