Thread: Water Level issue in Open Rails

Default Water Level issue in Open Rails

Hello, a minor problem, but there seems to be a flood in Virginia. This is on the RF&P Route, it shows as a "Flood" in Open Rails, but when examined in TSRE5, there is no issue and the "water level" is much lower.

I have included the current log as well as two pics to illustrate this. Is this something unique to this route? I have not seen this before. Hopefully there will be an answer, simple or otherwise. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance.

RF&P Water 1.jpgRFP Water 2.jpgOpenRailsLog.zip

If I'm not mistaken the original RF&P route was not demmed, but rather was your basic table top route (at whatever default elevation was, zero, at sea level?) Does TSRE automatically assume routes are demmed? Was that lack of DEM on the list of things being remedied in this southward expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the original RF&P route was not demmed, but rather was your basic table top route (at whatever default elevation was, zero, at sea level?) Does TSRE automatically assume routes are demmed? Was that lack of DEM on the list of things being remedied in this southward expansion?
    A very interesting possibility.
    When I Select the "Water", the Pop-Up has a selection to Raise or Lower and it says 0,0 as the default elevation. I have everything backed up so I will give "Lowering" it a try, I can always go back.
    Thank you for that.

Hello, I just did some work on that Water Problem on RF&P2. I utilized the old fashioned Road-Piece and lowered the water level so that now the road is above the water. It is not perfect, but it will do for now.
    I tried utilizing the chart in TSRE5 but it did not seem to do what I wanted. So thinking about what Jeepster775 said about it being like a table, I lowered the water enough so that in the game the vehicles are no longer "Swimming"!
    Open Rails 2019-10-04 05-21-20.jpg

(Pats self on back repeatedly)