Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Microsoft Flight Simulator technology for a new train sim?

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    That's Run-8 Simulator v2 and I already have those in my desktop with that route.
    Yes...he is playing Run 8 but he is talking about MSTS - a somewhat confusing presentation. Why talk about oranges whilst standing in front of a barrow of apples?

And what's with the mini-vids of the presenter and the controller? Who cares?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Probably because he meant to buy oranges. But went to the wrong barrow, Bruce.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Yes...he is playing Run 8 but he is talking about MSTS - a somewhat confusing presentation. Why talk about oranges whilst standing in front of a barrow of apples?

And what's with the mini-vids of the presenter and the controller? Who cares?
    I gave up after 5 minutes because he'd failed to construct or communicate one intelligent sentence. Around about the time he said (something along the lines of) "It's just my opinion" I found myself wondering why I'd be interested in the opinion of someone who was so distracted by a slow moving train sim that he couldn't put forward an idea in an articulate sentence ....but HEY! If anyone thought he was good I gather he does loads of these riveting posts.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Who are we talking about here "mini vids" ?

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Who are we talking about here "mini vids" ?

Mike.
    The bloke in the YT video linked by lapioware, Mike (link below)......he pontificates about MSTS 2 as he is playing Run 8.
    A total nincompoop, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkR8CKWkmko
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Let's hope he doesn't pontificate about this new MSTS Flight Simulator, whilst playing X-Plane.........

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    The bloke in the YT video linked by lapioware, Mike (link below)......he pontificates about MSTS 2 as he is playing Run 8.
    A total nincompoop, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkR8CKWkmko
    Thank you Bruce, so many different references in this thread. I lost the plot a little bit.

Mike.

https://youtu.be/Z2HwLeJSAGc

This clip popped up on another forum.

Interesting to see detailed rail yards in the towns, so who knows it could be a platform for a possible future expansion back into trains.

At the same time, wondering what sort of hardware will be needed to run this at anything like the detail being shown!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    https://youtu.be/Z2HwLeJSAGc

This clip popped up on another forum.

Interesting to see detailed rail yards in the towns, so who knows it could be a platform for a possible future expansion back into trains.

At the same time, wondering what sort of hardware will be needed to run this at anything like the detail being shown!
    Now we know how the Donkey feels chasing a carrot?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ..At the same time, wondering what sort of hardware will be needed to run this at anything like the detail being shown!
    Well, that's exactly why I'll opt for the XBox One package when it's released.

Our wide-screen TV is now approaching its twelfth birthday and I intended to replace it with a 65" 4K UHD device next year so may as well add the XBox to the deal.