Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting routes to work

Default Getting routes to work

I have recently D/Led two routes and I cannot get the scenarios to work. I get the following message every time I try to run a scenario "An essential is missing and Open Rails cannot continue." Anybody know how to solve this problem?

Post the OR log file on your desktop
    Cheers
    Derek

Did you download and install all the required rolling stock that's needed to run the activities?

Paul

The 2 routes I D/Led were the ATSF Seligman Sub and the Whitefish 10. Neither one said anything about needing additional D/Ls.

When I upload a route, I usually delete the activities except for the paths. When I get the mentioned error on a downloaded route I delete the activites, traffic, etc. contents, but keep the paths. Then I create my own. Not the best thing, but it works. landnrr, you must be another L&N fan. As "landnrailroader" my blood bleeds blue & beige and I have some more L&N routes in the works. I'm originally from Nashville, TN, now, thanks to CSX, I live in Jacksonville, FL.

This is from the Readme file included in the first part of six of the route:

"The route has activities that use default rolling stock. The activities will not work
    properly unless your default equipment has Bob Boudoin's physics ver 4.5 and
    Joseph T Realmuto's friction 1.0. or better. Installers are included which will set
    the physics to this level and reset them back to the origional default values."

If you are installing this in a stand alone Open Rails and do not have MSTS you would not have the default rolling stock needed to run the activities.

Paul :-)

Interesting reading here. I am running and reinstalling a few "Older" routes and they almost all require Default Rolling Stock. I have it and do not like it, when I have so many better alternatives to choose from, most from here and E-T.

I usually spend about 15 minutes using Con Builder to modify the Consists and particularly the Locomotives. The BNSD40 and Dash9 have done their jobs, now to use the Better Quality and Cabviews as well as Sounds all in Open Rails. Once a "Consist" is Modified to my new standard it is automatically saved for the next time it is used, in that same route/activity-group.

From expert advice on here I have learned how to modify these elements to make my enjoyment better and have a new route/activity up and running properly in a very short time, without seeing all that Default Equipment.

Yes Jerry, I have talked with you before. I am still trying to get your MILW routes going.

We are missing some information to help you solve your problem. That's why it was asked to post the error log. Your error message is incomplete too: An essential what is missing? If you know what is missing you can go find it and install it where it is supposed to be.
    Christopher

The routes you've downloaded, did they come with a file called installme.bat? If you don't have MSTS installed somewhere, you won't be getting certain files from default routes that are essential for OR to work. I've seen this happen when environment files and sigcfg and sigscr files aren't in a route. Probably others will trigger that error, too