Thread: I'm a Beginner, I Want to create a C30-7S7 Loco. IDEAS PLEASE!

Question I'm a Beginner, I Want to create a C30-7S7 Loco. IDEAS PLEASE!

Hello All! well, i'm new on the world of editing, i'm very excited to learn some about creating and editing stuff.
    My dream of all my life was recreate my trains with the old General Electric C30-7Super 7 Rebuild or NEW that worked on TFM, KCSM and Ferromex.
    There are some details that looks similar to the C40-8 but.. i don´t believe that it can be modified. so my idea is start from 0.
    Please give me advices about which programs should i use or which program is the best for creating locomotives/cars.
    Here's an example
    TFM 2317.jpg

i would appreciate all your comments! thank you

What a great attitude.

The 'best' program is the one that you find best to use.

A comparison of most of the 3D modelling programs that you can use to make models for MSTS/OR can be found here:

https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/which3d.html

However, I personally would suggest learning Blender 2.8 for the 3D modelling and GIMP for making the plans and texture files. The reason is, both these programs are free and there are many tutorials on youtube that help complete beginners up to expert.

As an example, have a look at the first 5 tutorials from CG Cookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O52Js1c5D4

These tutorials will show you how the Blender 2.8 interface works and will get you started with the tools and techniques that you can use to build your model.

I hope this helps you get started and allows you to create the things that you want.

If you have any questions or need help just ask.

Cheers,

Marek.

In addition to the above post, I would suggest looking at other peoples models using Shape File Viewer. If you don't already have this program, download it from the file library here (shapefileviewer25.zip ).

If you press the backspace key and view the model in wireframe mode you will see the underlying geometry of the locomotive. Normally simple shapes like boxes and cylinders are used that are then joined together to make more complex shapes.

Also look at the relationship between the geometry and the texture applied to it. Which details are modelled and which details are provided by the textures. What looks good and what does not. Then use the techniques that you like on your own models.

Also, whatever program you choose to use, I wouldn't just jump into a full-blown locomotive project. I would start on something smaller and simpler that you find interesting. I, for one, cut my teeth on Gmax making a pretty primitive set of outdoor warning sirens. Last night, I just built this little beauty.
    SFCAN008.jpg
    Those early projects will also serve to teach you what works and how something looks. And another thing: shape building is easy, it's the textures that take some work

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Also, whatever program you choose to use, I wouldn't just jump into a full-blown locomotive project. I would start on something smaller and simpler that you find interesting. I, for one, cut my teeth on Gmax making a pretty primitive set of outdoor warning sirens. Last night, I just built this little beauty.
    SFCAN008.jpg
    Those early projects will also serve to teach you what works and how something looks. And another thing: shape building is easy, it's the textures that take some work
    Full agree with you...

Is better to start practicing from simple objects to very complicated ones.. otherwise the process could be painful and with a lot of frustration...

And it's important to learn as most as possible the functionality of the commands of the program being used to so the right things from the beginning...

The kinkis coaches that I design were using TSM.... External and internal objects including glasses, doors etc...

Thanks and regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Thank you very much to all of you! i will start tonight and yes of course, i'm going to start slowly!
    Again, thanks for your comments!! have a nice day all of you

i would appreciate all your comments! thank you [/QUOTE]

I have already indicated this idea to dash8-40 c file holders.
    Some of them said they would not rate others or were interested, and some do not reply to messages.

I really like SUPER 7 too.

I have fun with some repainting arrangements.

Chimbica Dash8

These are all excellent!! Love the work on your route also. You put a lot of love in all your work!

Quote Originally Posted by anderson martins View Post
    i would appreciate all your comments! thank you
    I have already indicated this idea to dash8-40 c file holders.
    Some of them said they would not rate others or were interested, and some do not reply to messages.

I really like SUPER 7 too.

I have fun with some repainting arrangements.

[/QUOTE]

I would love your LMX unit if your willing too!