Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monogame question in regards to open rails

Default Monogame question in regards to open rails

Hi I have put monogame in my C drive programs 86 folder, and when i use open rail it will run an activity no problem, but when I tey and up date openrails to the latest version, the update gets almost done and then comes up with an error , any ideas as to what I'm missing any help would be great and thanks inadvance.
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Personally - I keep my ORTS out of the “Program Files” directory as there is no reason to put it there but I don’t think that is causing your issue...

The automatic updater still seems to hang occasionally - you could try two things that work for me:

Change back to the “Stable” version such will cause a fresh download - then back to “Unstable” - which will cause another download and will usually fix the updater...

The other alternative is simply download a fresh copy and reinstall ORTS - it only takes a minute and usually fixes the updater as well...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tim,

The Programs and Programs(86) folders are "protected" by windows for security purposes.
    It's best to put orts/msts stuff in another location. Ie F:/trainstuff, C:/msts, C:/trains/1msts etc.
    You can put it anywhere as long is it's not in any folder named programs.

Randy

Randy ,
    Thanks for the help, i will change it when i get back home tonight .
    Tim

Thanks Scott,
    I will give it a try . lol
    Tim

Randy & Scott,
    Thanks for the help, I have done what you both said to do, but still get this error message , I will attach it and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing ?
    TScreenshot (1).jpghanks Again

Anytime an update bombs, you pretty much need a fresh install of the app. You cannot relocate a bombed update and expect it to still work.

That said, your error is unreadable. Something in the PNG to JPG conversion or something in the attachment via these forums makes your message this tiny on my 1920 x 1280

Thanks Geepster,
    Might you be able to tell me where I can go and get a new version to install, and get rid of the one that I have ?
    Thanks
    Tim

OR monogame is here http://www.interazioni-educative.it/...NewYear_MG.zip
    OR latest experimental is here https://james-ross.co.uk/projects/or/builds

There is plenty of information here and at Elvas Tower to help you get ReShade installed and running.

Randy

AND there is always http://www.openrails.org/
    Charles