Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trans Siberian Railway Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by dejoh View Post
    OOPS. Thanks for the updated history news. I might have been a little harsh on the Ruskies. Every country has their beautiful locations and people. I will still watch for future development of this sim. I've seen hours of Russian train video's on UTube. They are unique.
    ...too many in the West STILL fighting that war but the World, and sadly the wars, has moved on.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    ........When I suggested we ride the TranSiber during New Year's Eve to celebrate my retirement a few years from now, she said: "Stuck for days and days in a train filled with drunk Russians across frozen Siberia?!? You're crazy!"

Well, Dave, I reckon that you'll either be doing it on your tod or not at all!

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    Maybe your acquaintance would have enjoyed the Siemens-built Sapsan more? Moscow to St. Petersburg - Whoosh.
    Yep....that would be more her style.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    ...too many in the West STILL fighting that war but the World, and sadly the wars, has moved on.
    There will always be another war Jeff and another and another.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

By the way, this simulator already discussed earlier: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...-soon-to-Steam

I also saw a discussion about this sim at trainsim.ru, one user noticed an interesting detail - one electric loco in trailer very similair with electric locomotive VL80R-1793 for MSTS: http://www.trainsim.ru/download/show/id/1987/ Authors of Trans Siberian Simulator did ask permission for using of MSTS model? They also noticed not good locomotive realism - internal systems of AC-electric loco VL80R looks like insides of DC-electric loco VL10! However, if this game positioning itself as survival arcade - this "simulator" has a right to existence.

If we go to the point of absurdity, I would really like to play to "Soviet ICBM-train simulator", where I can be not only locomotive engineer - including a officer of missile combat crew!

If we talk about stereotypes about other countries - why not create the "Wild West Trains Simulator" with train robberies and rowds of Indians?
    Vladislav

Quote Originally Posted by Vazyuk View Post
    .....If we talk about stereotypes about other countries - why not create the "Wild West Trains Simulator" with train robberies and rowds of Indians?
    On the same theme, how about a "train sim" without any trains at all and just Irish navvies building railway lines in England and then getting pissed and belting each other up?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Cool i like the sound of that Bruce, will the fighting part be first or third person perspective ?

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Hey,

Don't forget the U.S. Certainly someone will want to model/Scenario the Battle of Penhorn Creek. Where the Erie RR and the NYS&W RR had a pitched rifle and pistol fight inside the Jersey City city limits.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

If someone wants to see game with Soviet atmosphere - you can try "Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic": https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...viet_Republic/ It's a simulator of planned economy, where it is possible to build cities and lot of industries, where also presented railway transport. This game simulates typical Eastern Europe contry (Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and etc.), there you can maintain trade relations with both USSR and with NATO countries - using dollars you can by vechiles from West and using the rubles can buy Soviet of East European vechiles.

I can’t purchase this simulator - at the moment I have a weak RAM, I will definitely do it after upgrade. Video with gameplay:
    Vladislav