Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MILW Routes

Default MILW Routes

Was there ever a route made for MILW that was from Plummer ID to Spokane WA? I recall there was one made, I think by Jerry. However, I can't seem to find it in my folder of MILW routes..... I think I downloaded everyone that was made.

I have looked thru the file library but I'm not finding one namely because I just don't know what I'd be looking for..... IE. Subdivision, branchline etc etc.

Thanks.

Hello,

I started to made some scenery modifications on the "Gap" line, and also extend it with the Plummer-Spokane section. All tracks have been laid, even the very complex Spokane area, but after that I turned back to the "Gap", to finish the scenery detailing first. Sadly, a week ago the editor crashed during some terrtex painting, and somehow this event rewrote my modified .tdb file to a non-functioning version. After that, both the editor and ORTS sent me an error message when trying to open the route.
    To save my detailing work, I copied the .tdb file from the original "Gap" route to my modified one, but before that I backed up the modified file. I'm not an expert of route building, but I believe that this .tdb file can be repaired somehow, maybe with Route Riter. I'll try it in the future...

Peter

Peter,

My original "GAP" contained very little dynamic track and I was also careful about tile boundaries,
    so you might be able to just do a rebuild. What I would do is back up what you have or set aside
    the backed up data if you have done so already. Then delete the .tdb file and attempt a rebuild.
    Likely there will be a few times it will stop and you will have to do something to get it going again.
    I don't know how complex the Spokane area is, but if you did not use a lot of dynamic and if
    you were careful about how you crossed tile boundaries, that might be your best bet.

In direct answer to rt35ge, as far as I know that passenger route has never been done. Besides
    the "GAP" I also have some work done on the branch south out of St. Maries that is now the
    St. Maries RR and eventually that will go into the "unfinished" area of routes.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Thank You Mr. Sullivan, I'll give it a try sometimes.

I managed to recover the tracks manually, and started to do the scenery. Here's the first section, Plummer Jct. to Worley elevators:

Open Rails 2019-12-10 05-49-43.jpg

Open Rails 2019-12-10 05-51-12.jpg

Open Rails 2019-12-10 05-54-30.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the low quality images

Boy, that looks really really good. Nice job!

Oliver, Amazing!

Please keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    I managed to recover the tracks manually, and started to do the scenery. Here's the first section, Plummer Jct. to Worley elevators:

EDIT: Sorry for the low quality images
    The very high quality work more than makes up for the images...no worries, really great work.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

ACES !! Great work Oliver ! Keep it up !!
    - Mark -