Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redesign of the Basic [F5] Train HUD

Nothing to add on this other than this highly has my support!

Also thanks for cross-posting it here, had no idea of this from ET. Their forum is a bit more difficult to navigate than here and see what's going on where due to the nested-folder style of their forums and subforums.

Hi Komachi,

Yeah - LOL - this is taking a great deal of my time - way more than I envisioned - I hope at least some of it is implemented...

All I ask - is if you happen to have an ET account - please post your support in that thread as well - as a fellow freeware developer - the only real reward these ORTS guys get is interest, support, and enthusiasm for their many hours of toil donated to our cause... I don't know if Mauricio frequents here...

ET Thread: http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...ost__p__251938

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 10-22-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Nothing to add on this other than this highly has my support!

Also thanks for cross-posting it here, had no idea of this from ET. Their forum is a bit more difficult to navigate than here and see what's going on where due to the nested-folder style of their forums and subforums.

Scott,

Here you can see the values that can be shown in a (diesel) locomotive cab. The accelerometer is marked in blue (Dash-9, AC4400, Evolution Series and SD70ACe, M-2 and newer versions have this on their computer display).

Note that "REAR" and "FLOW" are a static picture, and not a working gauge (unfortunately).

http://uploadslika.eu/image/TuGxz
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Hi Borislav,

Hah - thanks - anything newer than first generation diesels and I'm really out of my element...

Regards,
    Scott

My problem is that I already did update the version of Open Rails to U2019.10.20-0936. Then saw your messages about F5 HUD Scrolling. Too late for me to try this because I already did tried this and crash the program of Open Rails then update again. Will F5 HUD Scrolling be update for this version?

John

Hi John,

While I certainly hijacked Mauricio's original post on the [Alt F5] DEBUG Scrolling HUD on ET - honestly - I haven't even looked at that feature myself... Sorry - I don't know...

Regards,
    Scott

That's okay Scott and will wait to see what Mauricio's plan for this.

John

I like what I see. I have two suggestions:
    1. Make the HUD movable like the track monitor so it can go anywhere. Then the track monitor and/or the HUD could be moved to one of the computer screens in the cabview (if available).
    2. Make them only viewable in the cab view. That way they are not in the middle of the view when viewing head out, outside or trackside views. This eliminates having to turn them off for screenshots.

If these have a solid opaque background and have an adjustable size they could possibly fit right in the viewscreen of the computer monitor display and cover the generic information that is there. Or, the user could have them in the traditional location according to the setting.

Thanks,
    Basil

Quote Originally Posted by bprice View Post
    I like what I see. I have two suggestions:
    1. Make the HUD movable like the track monitor so it can go anywhere. Then the track monitor and/or the HUD could be moved to one of the computer screens in the cabview (if available).
    2. Make them only viewable in the cab view. That way they are not in the middle of the view when viewing head out, outside or trackside views. This eliminates having to turn them off for screenshots.

If these have a solid opaque background and have an adjustable size they could possibly fit right in the viewscreen of the computer monitor display and cover the generic information that is there. Or, the user could have them in the traditional location according to the setting.

Thanks,
    Basil
    Better yet allow the HUD to be moved to a second monitor like FS9 does.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"